Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
rmrdaddy said:
Hoppy? What was the flavor profile overall would you say?
I had some Flying Fish Farmhouse ale last week which is their summer offering I believe. Crisp and tasty for those hot afternoons!

I am not a beer fan overall and Sam Summer is probably my favorite beer ever. It is light and crisp, a little hoppy but not bitter, very refreshing (especially served ice cold), with a bit of a citrus-y flavor too it.

CaptainB

Familiar Face
Ron Millonario Solera 15 Reserve Especial

Superb! Without directly comparing the two I find it equally good as the Zacapa, but more strongly flavoured.

Best regards,
Captain B

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
Viola said:
No, I'm not, but I'm intrigued. An online community I take it? I'm just sort of a newbie and trying things out.

Oh, word of, well, not warning really for anyone with a normal tolerance but I'm a lightweight: the Wild Blue is 8% alcohol which the buddy who gave it to me did not tell me until afterward and I drank it rather quickly as it is sweet. He got a laugh out of that. I'm rather small and I tend to be a two-beer tipsy person anyway.

Viola,
For you: http://beeradvocate.com/
You do have to "join" to see all the beer reviews, but their e-mails aren't incessant, and the depth and breath of beer info and reviews is well worth it IMHO.
And, great tip on the abv of that Wild Blue. I'm a belgian style fan overall, and they tend to be higher in alcohol, as do may of the fruit based beers. I've had a few too many Old Horizontals before, which weigh in at 11%...they live up to their name!

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
KittyT said:
I am not a beer fan overall and Sam Summer is probably my favorite beer ever. It is light and crisp, a little hoppy but not bitter, very refreshing (especially served ice cold), with a bit of a citrus-y flavor too it.

Thanks for the review Kitty!

Malted Milk shake

My malted milk shake with a brown egg/3 scoops Breyers Chocolate/2 tablespoons malt power,8oz mild blend to lovely consistancy.No booze for me,I get depressed easily from alcohol.

rumblefish said:
You've got quite a repertoire jamespowers.:eusa_clap ;) Never the same old thing at your house...

As long as it ain't Cynar or Campari I'll try it. :p ;)
Last night I had a whizzdoodle cocktail---another take on the Alexander but I found it in my wife's old Oster cookbook. I love that cookbook. Any cookbook that lists cocktails as well deserves my praise. ;) :p

4 oz cream
4 oz Scotch
4 oz gin
4 oz white creme de cacao
1 cup crushed ice

Throw it in the oster and turn it off and on twice.
Serve in a cocktail glass---serves four or puts a nice warm glow on one. :D

Ethan Bentley

One Too Many
jamespowers said:
As long as it ain't Cynar or Campari I'll try it. :p ;)

Too right, I keep the remains of the bottles in the house for the guest that asks for something "different". lol
I'm not mad on Suze either.

The only way to make Campari worse is to mix it with soda water, this simply prolongs the agony. :(

ladybrettashley

One of the Regulars
Ethan Bentley said:
Glad to hear it, what's your brand?

I've got Bombay Sapphire at the moment, but it's the only gin i've had (if we discount the unknowns from college which turned me against gin in the first place ;), so i don't suppose i can claim any preference.

JennyLou

Practically Family
I had a bottle of Hornsby's Hard Apple Cider tonight. I loved it. I usually only stick to hard liquor and stay clear of beers, lagers, Cider etc., but I really licked Hornsby's

CaptainB

Familiar Face
Ethan Bentley said:
I tried some TRUMP vodka for the first time, nice bottle, but the vodka - so so.

I read some reviews about this, they all said the same as you. I hope you didn't pay too much?

Yesterday:
Bombay Sapphire
Hendrick's Gin

Best regards,
Captain B

Ethan Bentley

One Too Many
CaptainB said:
I read some reviews about this, they all said the same as you. I hope you didn't pay too much?

Yesterday:
Bombay Sapphire
Hendrick's Gin

Best regards,
Captain B

It wasn't too expensive, not nearly as much as would have paid in the UK. I've known about it for a year or two and have always had a hankering to try it so, in my mind, it was money well spent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR