Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
A bottle of Big Rock Brewery's Warthog ale (from Calgary, Alberta) followed by a can of Fuller's Porter. Both went down well while watching Ken Stott starring as John Rebus...

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
CopperNY said:
nothing, but, in some places Wild Turkey carries a -very- strong negative/redneck stigma.

of course i never heard that until i went to college. but, growing up between Trout Creek and Chipmunk Hollow (not kidding), you don't realize they are talking about you.....

my friends from West Virginia call Wild Turkey and Coke a "Turkey Sandwich" (properly pronounced "sammich" :) ).

I agree on both of your above points; thank you for the clarification and yes, I love me a Turkey Sammich! ;)

BinkieBaumont said:
"Yellow Tail" Shiraz, my first venture into Yellow Tail, rather a pleasant surprise and a rather spiffingly stylish, and distinctive label

yellow+tail+shiraz.jpg

If you're interested in the Yellow Tail shiraz, I highly recommend any shiraz by Penfolds. You won't be disappointed, although I think Yellow Tail is a little more peppery and has slightly more tannin. Penfolds is rounder and softer, but still definitely a good shiraz.

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender

jamespowers said:
Is that this one?:

1 oz gin
1 oz dry vermouth
1 oz apricot brandy
1 dash grenadine syrup
1 dash lemon juice

or this one?:
2 oz Plymouth gin
1 oz French vermouth
orange peel for garnish
lemon peel for garnish

The first one sounds ok to me. I might just have to make one of those sometime soon. :D

The first one.

Tonight is the Cold Deck cocktail. I really like this one!

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I ran across a liter of pineapple rum we bought ten or eleven years ago in the Bahamas that had migrated unopened to the back of the liquor cabinet. I mixed some with OJ last night. Quite tasty stuff.

anon`

One Too Many
Nice, smooth pint of Deschutes Brewery Twilight Ale. Love the stuff, and will probably be getting another very soon.

Though, someone brought me a bottle of Grand Rubren Crème de Violette that I'm told makes wonderful Kirs. Had I some gin, it might be an Aviation night...

Levallois

Practically Family
12 year old Glenlivet that had been languishing in my parents liquor cabinet for at least 30 years. So does that make it a 42-year old Glenlivet? Whatever the age, it was smoooooth. I paired this up with a churchill ring Padron 1964 Anniversario cigar. Very relaxing.

John

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran