Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
And I discovered recently, that a grog with sugar aplenty, makes a good nightcap.
Bottoms up mateys !!

Wow, Grog. My grandmother used to drink a small glass of water, sugar, and blended whiskey with her Phenobarbital before she went to bed every night. Lived to be 3 weeks from 93.

Later

DeaconKC

One Too Many
Can't resist reporting this. We are on vacation and my lovely wife and I shared an old fashioned hand dipped chocolate milk shake. No hangovers either [except for my waistline, but that's another topic].

m_luvsartdeco

One of the Regulars
DSC02458.jpg

Finishing my Tequila bottle, shake:
- 1 teaspoon grenadine
- 3 oz OJ -oranges from Gandía, Valencia-.
- 1 1/2 oz Tequila
Half "Tortilla de patatas" is hidden there :D

yummy!

anon`

One Too Many
Last night? Two Liz Taylors, a pint of Widmer Spiced IPA, and a pint of Widmer W'12 Dark Saison.

Tonight? Flat Tail Brewing Big Fin Baltic Porter thus far.

Tomorrow? Hopefully several rounds of whatever sounds good on tap at the Bier Stein!

1961MJS

Hi

An old fashioned, based on Jame's recipe with Old Overholdt. I just finished the Lawrence Block book, THe burglar in the Rye in which Rye Whiskey pays a small part. I'm getting to like Old Overholdt at $12 a bottle, tastes like Rye, AND its $12.00 a bottle. Not quite Xmas every week, but pretty good...

Later

Hi

An old fashioned, based on Jame's recipe with Old Overholdt. I just finished the Lawrence Block book, THe burglar in the Rye in which Rye Whiskey pays a small part. I'm getting to like Old Overholdt at $12 a bottle, tastes like Rye, AND its $12.00 a bottle. Not quite Xmas every week, but pretty good...

Later

Overholt makes a decent Old Fashioned. It takes you back to the time that it was originally invented. We are all in debt to the unnamed man that walked into that bar and said he wanted an old fashioned cocktail. It is considered one of the six basic cocktails that you just have to know in The Art of Mixing Drinks. :D
It has a balance of the three important tastes that are the basis for all good cocktails---the sweet, the tart and the strong.
I hope you liked it. :cheers1:

1961MJS

Love it. I alternate the Old Fashioned with a simple Ginger ale and Rye. It's summer so I also drink a little red beer made with Budweiser and Zing Zang Bloody Mary Mix. It has so much pepper in it that you have to swirl occasionally. I haven't had a bourbon and coke for about two years (whoops) and that was my old favorite.

Later

kiltie

Practically Family
I can't walk out of my favorite place to drink without dropping somewhere in the neighborhood of $80 for drinks of two. Reassessing that expenditure, I stocked up the house with enough booze and mixers to, as Lynard Skynard would say, float a battleship around, and coming out waaaaay ahead. My primary reference right now is The Playboy Bartender's Guide, and last night I made pineapple mint coolers.

I can't walk out of my favorite place to drink without dropping somewhere in the neighborhood of $80 for drinks of two. Reassessing that expenditure, I stocked up the house with enough booze and mixers to, as Lynard Skynard would say, float a battleship around, and coming out waaaaay ahead. My primary reference right now is The Playboy Bartender's Guide, and last night I made pineapple mint coolers.

Join the club. After I dropped about twice that much, I decided it was cheaper to stock my own bar. Now I have access to a wider drink selection and I can make a drink the way I want it without disappointment. :cheers1:

WH1

Practically Family
conducting an experiment. My favorite summer drink is G & T with a large lime and plenty of ice. Tonight I have been conducting a comparison of British Gins.

Boodles-very smooth not much of a bite but a pleasant drink
Burnetts-I like this one it has some great botanicals and a little bit stronger flavor
Tanqueray 10 - my current go to as hendrycks is too bloody expensive to use every evening. I enjoy its flavor.

kiltie

Practically Family
Cocktail roulette, which is a bad game to play when you have to get up with the chickens -

hurricane
corpse reviver
almond eye
something something brandy something ( it was getting late by then )
something with an egg in it

dnjan

One Too Many
Join the club. After I dropped about twice that much, I decided it was cheaper to stock my own bar. Now I have access to a wider drink selection and I can make a drink the way I want it without disappointment. :cheers1:
At that level of expenditure, are you there for the drinks or the waitresses? :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot