Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

Absinthe_1900

One Too Many
Vintage Legendre Herbsaint, fantastic after almost 70 years old in the bottle.

40sHerbsaint-1.jpg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
I have no idea what that is, but it looks and sounds amazing.

I splurged today on a bottle of Appleton Estates Extra 12 dark rum, expecting it would be about the same as the Appleton Estates V/X dark that I sometimes drink. I never spend more than $20 or so on a bottle of booze, and I'm sure most of you already know this, but after sipping this 12 year rum, I will no longer use the V/X for anything but dressing open wounds.

Holy cow, what a difference $10 makes!

I have no idea what that is, but it looks and sounds amazing.

I splurged today on a bottle of Appleton Estates Extra 12 dark rum, expecting it would be about the same as the Appleton Estates V/X dark that I sometimes drink. I never spend more than $20 or so on a bottle of booze, and I'm sure most of you already know this, but after sipping this 12 year rum, I will no longer use the V/X for anything but dressing open wounds.

Holy cow, what a difference $10 makes!

Age certainly makes a difference---up to a certain point. There is a point of age where some liquor gets past it but on average, it gets better. :p
Sometimes paying a bit extra for it is worth it if only to get it more refined with a cleaner taste.

Oh and tonight I had a Lagavulin with a Partagas Culebra. :D

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

In Oklahoma, Schiltz is much cheaper than Bud, AND Bud is only available as 3.2 beer. Bought a six of Tall boys, so I'm just low rent as heck. Schlitz is the old 1960's recipe and is pretty good.

Later

dnjan

One Too Many
Wittekerke, while watching the football game. Started in the first extended time, and had to have a third to get into the shoot-out.

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
2009 merlot from a BC winery, it was meh.

Then I finished with a Bombay Sapphire and sprite, which was quite nice. The BC liquor board stopped carrying Plymouth Gin, which makes me very sad :( I remarked to the lady behind the counter that they were killing me by always discontinuing the really good stuff. She said, "Well not really, it's based on sales," implying that because everybody buys something it must be good. I replied offhandedly, "Yeah, but everybody buys crap, that's the problem." She gave me the evil eye. lol

It's true though; why else would Bacardi be so popular? That crap is barely fit for peeling paint.

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Still on this Dark n' Stormy kick...

Got some rye today so old fashioneds are on the program for later this week.

2009 merlot from a BC winery, it was meh.

Then I finished with a Bombay Sapphire and sprite, which was quite nice. The BC liquor board stopped carrying Plymouth Gin, which makes me very sad :( I remarked to the lady behind the counter that they were killing me by always discontinuing the really good stuff. She said, "Well not really, it's based on sales," implying that because everybody buys something it must be good. I replied offhandedly, "Yeah, but everybody buys crap, that's the problem." She gave me the evil eye. lol

It's true though; why else would Bacardi be so popular? That crap is barely fit for peeling paint.

:rofl: "But it sells well." :p
Geez, I am glad I can buy whatever I want when I want out here. If I had to deal with a Liquor Board I would want to Water Board them. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran