Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

dnjan

One Too Many
Well, a little birdy told me that the officers are getting even more relaxed about D&T's these days for various reasons, so I may try bringing a 750ml bottle back one of these days and see how I go. Even if I get referred to pay, I'll probably still save money over the outrageous prices the BCLS is charging!
How much can you bring over the border into Canada? Do they treat beer and wine differently fro hard liquor?

My son is going to grad school at U-Vic. Most of his age-worthy beer (Belgians, etc.) is in my basement, and I am wondering how many trips it will take him to move it up there.

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
How much can you bring over the border into Canada? Do they treat beer and wine differently fro hard liquor?

My son is going to grad school at U-Vic. Most of his age-worthy beer (Belgians, etc.) is in my basement, and I am wondering how many trips it will take him to move it up there.

You're allowed to bring 8.5L of Beer or Ale, OR 1.5L of Wine, OR 1.14L of Spirits. That's each entry if you're a visitor (non resident) Your son would be considered a resident for customs purposes, so he would be allowed to bring back those same exemptions if he has been absent for 48h or more. You may import more than these exemption limits, but everything above the limits is subject to duties and taxes. Your mileage may vary whether the officer chooses to refer you to pay or not.

If you accompany him on the entry, you get the exemption limit as well, so you can bring double. If a resident has been absent less than 48h he receives no exemption for Alcohol and Tobacco and everything is subject to D&T. Feel free to PM if you want some further details.

Also consider checking out the CBSA website: www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca

alsendk

A-List Customer
:rofl: Next time---Lagavulin.

Always an exellent choice to pick up an Islay Whisky, but last evening I zipped down the last drops of my Irish Redbreast.
Are you familiar with this one mr. James Powers ?

redbreast.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred