Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

gear-guy

Practically Family
Tonight I'm not enjoying so much a fairly sh*tty merlot from bainbridge or woodbridge or something like that. It was a gift and there was nothing else left in the house but that or a reisling, also a gift.

Oh well, any port in a storm, so they say.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Hey 66 if it is a gift it's free, can't be all bad

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Rye tasting party with my coworkers. Started with Old Overcoat, I mean Old Overholt, moved on to three MGP products: Bulleit, George Dickel, and Smooth Ambler's Old Scout Rye, then finished with Sazerac and Rittenhouse.
What a night! They sampled them all neat, then had Highballs, Old-Fashioneds, and Manhattans.

Brad

Rye tasting party with my coworkers. Started with Old Overcoat, I mean Old Overholt, moved on to three MGP products: Bulleit, George Dickel, and Smooth Ambler's Old Scout Rye, then finished with Sazerac and Rittenhouse.
What a night! They sampled them all neat, then had Highballs, Old-Fashioneds, and Manhattans.

Brad

Interesting. I would have loved to have been there. I just had some Bulleit rye tonight. :D I hope the Dickel didn’t kill anyone. :p

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
I had one coworker that loved it, so I sent the bottle home with her.:) The Sazerac and Rittenhouse were the favorites.

The Smooth Ambler Old Scout was all right neat, but failed miserably in a Manhattan.

Last edited:
I had one coworker that loved it, so I sent the bottle home with her.:) The Sazerac and Rittenhouse were the favorites.

The Smooth Ambler Old Scout was all right neat, but failed miserably in a Manhattan.

Oh geez! Check on her over the weekend to make sure she is still alive. :p

The Smooth Ambler should be decent straight being that it is a small batch. I wonder why it isn’t good mixed. :huh:

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
It was just overwhelmed by the vermouth, which shocked the hell out of me. I thought it could stand up to it, but nope, not a chance. I'll finish the bottle neat.

Kept mine simple...Winston Churchill's drink of choice Coke and Johnny Walker Red

Actually Churchill drank JW during the day as a couple of drops on the bottom of a tumbler and then filled with water as well. He learned that in India and South Africa as a youngster because the water was unfit to drink. :p He was also a friend of Sir Aleander Walker.

Churchill also favored martinis made the same way I like them:

Shake gin with cracked ice.
Strain into chilled cocktail glass
& garnish with olive.
Drink while looking at a bottle of dry vermouth.

:p

He did drink JWR but only straight from what I can gather. Churchill also liked Hine brandy("I have taken more from brandy than brandy has taken from me.") and Pol Roger Champagne.

If you want real scary drinking then Andre the Giant should be your destination. He drank 119 beers in 6 hours---the equivalent of drinking a beer every three minutes. :p

Fed in a Fedora

Practically Family
I do not drink much, but I do drink well.

Last night was Spaten Optimator

Good dark and rich beer without any annoying moments through the 12 ounce run. Quick pleasing - well recommended.

Fed

There are some who would say that I drink too much, but I've gotten quite well at it myself as a result.
Beer is always my weapon of choice, and I prefer good German beer, and Spaten Optimator is a good choice. I'll second your assessment Fed.

However, to show Hatguy some cred, I'll drink the hell out of budweiser too.

Last night I drank Stolichnaya, a pretty good Russian vodka by way of Latvia for the U.S. market, mixed with grapefruit juice. I've been feeling a little under the weather and needed the vitamin c.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy