Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do I have?

hiram392

New in Town
Hello, all. I am new to this area. The hat I have is a black "velvet" finish hat, with a braided (6 rows) band. The braid is looped once on the side and the tails are knotted, on facing fron, one facing back. The crown is a single pleat with a tight pinch at the top. It has a satin lining and leather band on the inside. It says Cavanagh at the top. There is a picture of their logo, and below that it says Cavanaugh Hats New York. On the sweat band it says Made exclusively for the H. & S. Pogue Co., Cincinnati (Now out of business). There is also a heavy paper label (White w/ red borders) that says $20.00/5C120/Size 7 1/4. I imagine it is either from late fifties or early sixties.

I have been wearing this hat since 1989. I wore it in my Masonic Lodge, during my terms as Worshipful Master in 1989, 90, and 91. Ever since then I have been wearing it during the late fall and winter with my black rain coat or with my black overcoat. Usually just to dressier occassions.

Does any one know what I have?
Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou