Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do the Men of the Lounge want for Valentine's Day?

citRon

A-List Customer
desi_de_lu_lu said:
Well, my fella dropped hints that he wants me to make him a pan of lasagna or tuna casserole and a Dutch apple pie for Valentine's Day.

Go figure. I guess it is the little things that count.

mmmmm....pie....

Valentines Day is also our wedding anniversary (ahh.....! yeah, I know- but it was on a Saturday that year, and it worked out) -this is our 10 year anniversary, so maybe I'll get Sea Monkeys AND a pie!!!

desi_de_lu_lu

Practically Family
citRon said:
mmmmm....pie....

Valentines Day is also our wedding anniversary (ahh.....! yeah, I know- but it was on a Saturday that year, and it worked out) -this is our 10 year anniversary, so maybe I'll get Sea Monkeys AND a pie!!!

I had them there sea monkeys once upon a time, I mean....what are they? Krill?

My fella and I discussed getting married on V-day, but...we decided an ordinary boring day would be better. It's kind of like having your birthday fall on Christmas or something.

merkman

Familiar Face
KilroyCD said:
Nobody responded in over 24 hours. What a way to kill a thread! lol lol
I guess honesty kills eh?
Oops , I forgot, "vintage" minds never speak of such things!;)

Miss Crisplock

A-List Customer
Oh dear, I am shocked! Shocked I tell you!

I don't have a sweetheart, but there are loads of people that I like and that I feel the urge to let them know, and maybe pass along a little treat.

I have cards and nerds for everyone at work, and send Valentines in the mail to friends, relatives and sometimes to people that I think are not going to be getting anything that day.

There are a lot of different kinds of love; why not celebrate them all?

Little story: I worked with Adopt-A-Platoon and was given a platoon to give Valentines to. Not knowing their names, and those little boxes of candies with the "To" and "From" areas I had to think of something to call them. I made up endearments, sent them off and thought no more about it until I got a thank you letter from Lt. "Love Monkey" -----, Sgt. "Studly" -----, Corp. "Sweet Cheeks"----. You get the idea.

Moral: If your one and only hasn't shown up, you could do worse than making the day for someone in the same boat.

lol My neighbors? In Meth Lab Central? The ones who it's perfectly fine with them when their tree comes down across my fence and onto my shed, but when one of mine comes down without hitting anything except the fence there's hell to pay? Funny lady... lol

(I actually had a few lady Loungers in mind as candidates when I posted that.;) )

dogsplayinpoker

New in Town
ok I'll bite. I always liked anything given without me asking. CD's, tobacco, even just a card. It IS the thought that counts.

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
"I need a houseboat
and I need a plane.
I need a butler
and a trip to Spain.
I need everthing this world owes me
I tell that to myself, and I agree"

'Caught In A Dream' - alice cooper

...always worked for me! -dixon cannon

Forum statistics

Threads