Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do the Men of the Lounge want for Valentine's Day?

Rhofal

New in Town
Well, a voucher "For turning a blind eye when the next Ebay item(s) pour in" would be nice lol

On a more serious note; the feeling that you share mutual love and respect are very hard to express in gifts I think. So I believe more in the small token variety of gifts, rather than expensive things.

Cheers,
Peter

Edward

Bartender
Meh. I'm not exactly a fan.... I'd be very glad just to let it cancel itself out again this year. Actually, I'd forgotten it was oming up until somebody mentioned it in connection with plans I've already made.

Bah humbug, commercially invented "holiday" designed to sell overpriced flowers and greetings cards, etc.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Edward, we are totally on the same page. It's a bogus holiday promulgated by the greeting card and gift industries. Relationships are hard enough without additional invented-holiday performance pressure!

I hated it when I was married, and now that I'm unattached, it's (delightfully) a total non-event...

S

Samsa

desi_de_lu_lu said:
My statistics professor once told me:

"There are lies, damn lies....and then there are statistics."

Was your professor Mark Twain?

pigeon toe

One Too Many
I really have no idea what to get for my boyfriend since I'm going to be on another continent for Valentine's Day! Last year I made a picnic, complete with dessert, and we had lunch on the grass outside of the arboretum in Santa Ana (I think it's Santa Ana, anyway). True, kinda girly, but I knew he wasn't going to plan anything, so I decided to plan something I would like as well!

So, if your lady were a billion miles away, thus ruling out any fresh baked goods or anything else like that, what would you fellows want? Help a girl out!

leaette

A-List Customer
last year i sent my hubby a box to his work. there was a card in it and some candy. hershey kisses, red hots, etc. oh and i was pregnant at the time, so he got a card from the baby too.

he said he really liked it and everyone at work was jealous.

it only cost me a few bucks.

i have NO clue what to do this year.

desi_de_lu_lu

Practically Family
pigeon toe said:
So, if your lady were a billion miles away, thus ruling out any fresh baked goods or anything else like that, what would you fellows want? Help a girl out!

Thank you.. it seems we have a few curmudgeons :whistling replying to the thread, but honestly I wanted some feedback from the male perspective..to see what a guy would want.

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Past gifts that were big successes:

Vintage ties (you really can't have too many)
More tux shirts
Sock garters!
Studs and links
The ultimate gift one year, a top hat in it's original box

This year, since I have exhausted a lot of vintage possibilities, I am giving him a Meyer lemon tree! He loves Meyer lemons, and since we have a big yard...

I am usually working on Valentine's day night, so I don't usually get to do the dinner by candlelight routine. But no gig so far this year... so maybe dinner with lemons...

leaette

A-List Customer
if you have some more disposable income and a heaping-load of confidence...

how about a sexy photograph of you that was professionally taken. like a pinup picture.

someday i will do this. "someday" being the key word

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80