Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do the Men of the Lounge want for Valentine's Day?

RIOT

Practically Family
MaryDeluxe said:
Riot... I'll bake you cookies if you bake me a birthday cake! lol

Umm.. Suuure. Here's hoping I don't burn anything down.

So, How many candles shall I place on top? :rolleyes:

Pilotguy299

One of the Regulars
You!

desi_de_lu_lu said:
What do men like for Valentine's Day anyway? What is the most thoughtful, romantic, loving thing you can receive?

Fess up.

I don't mean you specifically, although that would be great! ;)

What I mean is the woman herself. No fancy cards, no big extravagant dinner out or at home, no big bouquet of flowers delivered to the office, no chocolates or even barritos! In a nutshell, nothing that is "a thing".

A nice quiet evening at home, snuggling on the couch enjoying a nice glass of wine, soft lights and nothing too deep on the radio or TV. Especially no interruptions from the kids or any of her (or my) friends or relatives calling on the phone (just unplug all of them!).

For those who are already more intimately involved, follow all that up with a nice warm bubble bath, accompanied by a chilled bottle of champagne and a mildly scented candle. I'll let you fill in the blanks for what follows...

Anthony

RIOT

Practically Family
Joie DeVive said:
C'mon fellas....

No more ideas of what would make you smile or warm your heart??

Inquiring minds want to know!! ;)

Let's see... besides the cookies? Hmm. an EOTech M553.. j/k! haha!

Ok, seriously.. A vintage tie is always nice.. maybe game tickets (for 2) at some sporting event?

Kilted_Surveyor

Familiar Face
If I had the misfortune of being away from lovely bride on Valentine's Day, I would want something that would constantly remind me of her. Be it something I could wear, something I could carry, anything tangible would be spectacular.

A couple of years ago I had several projects that took me away from home for a couple of weeks at a time for several months. Every 3 or 4 days my wife sent me a card and a new picture of her. At the time, she didn't have a whole lot of confidence in herself, but that didn't matter to me and she knew it. That got me through.

So what if Valentine's Day was created by the greeting card industry. It's fun.

Barbigirl

Practically Family
Cookie tax

We agreed it is much better to make a big deal out of anniversaries that Valentine's day but he is getting some homemade cookies. Not made by me... of course! But homemade by a chef friend.

Josephine

One Too Many
Doctor Strange said:
Edward, we are totally on the same page. It's a bogus holiday promulgated by the greeting card and gift industries. Relationships are hard enough without additional invented-holiday performance pressure!

In general, if women were told more often throughout the year they were loved and appreciated, they wouldn't need one day to force those who don't do that to show it. :D

Kilted_Surveyor

Familiar Face
Originally posted by Josephine
In general, if women were told more often throughout the year they were loved and appreciated, they wouldn't need one day to force those who don't do that to show it.

I told my wife that the reason I married her was not because I found the one I wanted to spend the rest of my life with, but because I found the one I could not spend the rest of my life without.

Josephine

One Too Many
Kilted_Surveyor said:
I told my wife that the reason I married her was not because I found the one I wanted to spend the rest of my life with, but because I found the one I could not spend the rest of my life without.

That's MUCH better than the "Honey, do you love me?" "I married ya, didn't I?" exchange! lol :eusa_clap

Story

I'll Lock Up
desi_de_lu_lu said:
What do men like for Valentine's Day anyway? What is the most thoughtful, romantic, loving thing you can receive?

Fess up.

A cool watch, wrist or pocket.

Have something appropriate engraved on the back: "I count the minutes til I see you again - xo [your name here]".

Fletch said:
Someone about 5'6" without heels, who owns a green overcoat and is partial to Cuban sandwiches.

If she has no heels, how does she walk???
lol
Thank you, I'll be in town all week. Try the chicken.

ShortClara

One Too Many
Spitfire said:
If I even think of it, I will get in serious trouble with the rules and regulations of this Lounge.

So: Year, cookies sounds nice.:whistling

Ahem, I don't want cookies ;)

Oh, wait, you were asking the gents....

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
Well, if I had a valentine....I would take him on a romantic day trip to the tank museum in virginia. ;) What could be more romantic then tanks by candle light! lol

You know what they say...."Virginia is for lovers" :D

MaryDeluxe said:
Well, if I had a valentine....I would take him on a romantic day trip to the tank museum in virginia. ;) What could be more romantic then tanks by candle light! lol

If I had a travel budget, I'd be on the next plane, dear lady...;) And then retaliate by finding someplace for a nice candlelight Italian dinner.:D

leaette

A-List Customer
marydeluxe: you just described my hubby's perfect date. :eusa_clap
he is an expert historian on tanks, esp ww2 ones. he's been wanting to go to that museum forever.
we have one in ohio that we go to a few times a year.

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Being the one who always remembers birthdays, anniversaries, etc. for loads of friends & family, and being one who remembers Valentine's Day and in return gets "Uh gee...thanks...uh...I thought it was next month...That sure snuck up on me this year!" this year, I'm getting myself what *I*want and the heck with everyone else. ;)

The refi on the house wrapped up shortly after and then it's retile the master bath, big plasma TV that will ONLY play TCM and my classic DVD's, and I'm thinking for once in my life, I should buy a pair of Allen Edmonds shoes. Gifts to myself this year. Won't be all done for Valentine's Day, of course, but shortly thereafter. I owe myself a splurge.

KilroyCD

One Too Many
MaryDeluxe said:

Let's go. Your car or mine? :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL