Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you do for Living?

warbird

One Too Many
epr25 said:
I am a large format printer. Basically making large color prints for companies, trade show graphics and art work reproductions.

I never even knew a printer could talk or type on its own. Very impressive. Are you a Hewlett Packard or a Canon perhaps? ;)

Rufus

Practically Family
Here's what I'm doing... a new mini series for IDW Comics... This is the cover I drew yesterday.

:) ruf

pristeen16_cover3_blog-1.jpg

adamjaskie

One of the Regulars
I just started at a large IT firm in Detroit, MI. Being just out of college, they are putting me and a couple dozen other people (50/50 mix of new hires and people who want to go into new job tracks within the company) through a six-month training program. I'm learning a lot about gathering requirements from customers, business analysis, and so forth, which is all stuff that I obviously never learned in my Computer Science curriculum at Michigan Tech.

When I'm done with the program, I'll probably go into their Professional Services department, which involves, basically, writing custom software solutions for companies that don't really know exactly what they need, so we have to interview with the client, figure out their requirements, analyze what the software actually needs to do (rather than what the client thinks the software should be doing) to meet those requirements, and write the software.

Alucard73

One of the Regulars
I defend those unjustly accused of criminal offenses. And for a few dollars more...the justly accused.;)

EMTech

New in Town
I'm an electronics technician working in the defense industry. I currently work in the field of electromagnetics in a laboratory environment. My job primarily consists of fabricating and testing prototype antennas and related devices. Not exactly thrill-a-minute, but it is fascinating at times. And it pays for all the hats.

Randy

LuketheLurker

Familiar Face
Originally Posted by TheDutchess
I sit and draw clothes and sew all day while someone else takes the credit for it. *sigh* don't you just LOVE those right out of college jobs?

I will gladly trade you jobs. I graduated last June with a degree in history, anthropology and fashion design and I am a machinist in a factory now. I think I would much rather be doing what you do then what I do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot