Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you do for Living?

fashion frank

One Too Many
I am a service worker for a ivy league university , been at it for the last 25 years , they pay me very well and more importantly I am treated well as well, the kids break it and I fix it .:)

All the Best ,Fashion Frank

fashion frank

One Too Many
How I'd love to work in a Museum...

Myself, I am still looking for work. Around here, it is pretty hard. One can hope though..

I truly feel for you my friend .

Your state and mine are the two worst states when it comes to jobs , your's being the worst in the nation and mine being second.

Hang in there and keep your head high, they keep stating how the economy is slowly coming back , but slowly is the key word here .

All the Best , Fashion Frank

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
time served apprentice in engineering 16 years, retained firefighter 6 years, 'care worker' in secure unit 8 years, NHS health promotion worker 5 years ......not sure for how much longer given the current state of things over here!
Recently branched out into standing the odd vintage/ retro/ antique and collectors fair to see if it's a viable future alternative to real work!...so far it's looking good, will be much better when mortgage is finished in a couple of years...thank you!!!

argyle

New in Town
Shearer ....and Tattooer.

How long do they allow you to stay in the Aus.army?You have what about 27 years in now?
You can stay till retirement...as long as you haven't got yourself into too much trouble.

I were a shearer before my service as a young man. I went straight back to shearing when my time was up.
If I had my time over again I would have stayed a soldier though, as shearing if far too hard on a man's body and it wears the muscle down over time.

nice hat dude!

One Too Many
You can stay till retirement...as long as you haven't got yourself into too much trouble.

I were a shearer before my service as a young man. I went straight back to shearing when my time was up.
If I had my time over again I would have stayed a soldier though, as shearing if far too hard on a man's body and it wears the muscle down over time.

I was just guessing from one of your previous pics that you might of still been in the forces at 45 that's why the
question,as far as shearing sheep I'm sure it's right up there with Farrier work ie (horseshoeing for those that don't know the word)that's why I hire someone else to do it.

argyle

New in Town
Farrier would be even harder I think. I wanted to be a farrier as a kid, but the older farrier's I'd talk to put me off it, as over time most had suffered severe injury due to kicks and bites etc.

A sheep kick isn't that hurtful, but I'd hate to suffer the heal-out process of a horse kick.

nice hat dude!

One Too Many
Farrier would be even harder I think. I wanted to be a farrier as a kid, but the older farrier's I'd talk to put me off it, as over time most had suffered severe injury due to kicks and bites etc.

A sheep kick isn't that hurtful, but I'd hate to suffer the heal-out process of a horse kick.

Again another reason why I hire someone to do it for me,the only plus is that horses don't tend to "cow kick"
(kick out sideways) as much as one would think.

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Recently decided to become a stay-at-home mom for at least the next two to three years. I was presented with a good job opportunity but realized at this point that's not what I want to do, and given my health, I'm going to spend every second with my daughter possible.

Something I'd never thought I'd do, nor did I think I'd enjoy it so much. I have yet to get anything near bored or feel isolate which were my main fears.

I do hope someday to return to work.

Dan Allen

A-List Customer
Three years retired from a school district where I did computer networking. I am considering going back to work somewhere, not for the income so much as for the rest-- at least you would get ten minute breaks.

Artist, children's books primarily. Also working at a book store. Moonlighting as a long distance motorcycle delivery... guy. No, not pizzas. :)

vintageTink

One Too Many
Recently decided to become a stay-at-home mom for at least the next two to three years. I was presented with a good job opportunity but realized at this point that's not what I want to do, and given my health, I'm going to spend every second with my daughter possible.

Something I'd never thought I'd do, nor did I think I'd enjoy it so much. I have yet to get anything near bored or feel isolate which were my main fears.

I do hope someday to return to work.
And I hope someday to return to being a stay-at-home mom. Enjoy the time.

It's true, the bachelors degree is the new high school diploma. Possessing a degree in philosophy/history, I now,quite naturally, work as a plumber.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo