Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you do for Living?

ChorusGirl

Familiar Face
Artist- I sculpt animals (primarily horses) and produce them in earthenware ceramic. I occasionally draw and paint, and do the odd bit of graphic designing. But I really want to be a....

...Lumberjack!

Addi :)

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Wow, all you thrifty folks -- I am not thrifty, I can spend money like a drunken sailor (is that a military stereotype?). Am now digging my way out of debt, but continue to buy hats and a few things. But, not like I did.

I had two jobs, still have one, retired from the other. I get a pension from the County of San Diego, plus social security, so am getting as much money as I did when I worked. My second job gives me an extra few thousand a year (I do indexing for journals and books), and, now that I live with my sainted mother, I have no rent.

Am taking the money I still make, plus the money I would have spent on rent, and paying down some formidable bills.

I buy off ebay and, yes, you can get addicted to it. Reall addicgted!

Now, I only buy what I want and need. Have more hats than I can use -- in searching for the perfect Indy hat, I bought half-a-dozen brown hats; now I am searching for a light gray fedora and have already purchased several hats that don't fill the bill.

We live and learn. Only some of us don't....

karol

Solid Citizen

Practically Family
Vintage Clothes

1. Several years ago bought some 1940's gear, ties, jackets & a suit.
Got bored sold off the stuff wasn't serious enough at the time!

2. Early 2005 got the bug again this time with help of Ebay started
buying 40's gear including hats. It was a great year, but you can
only buy so much. 2006 will be slim vintage year for SC.

3. Joined the Fedora Lounge past Oct. good reference site with
great people.

4. SC's bottom line mens 40's vintage has 100% more style than
today's stuff @ less cost than today's stuff & thats a good deal!!!

SC :cool:

Baggers

Practically Family
Actor

Stage, film (mostly indie), commercials and industrial films, pretty much whatever gigs I can get. For the last two years almost all of my work has been voice acting for a production company that releases english language versions of Japanese anime. Lots of fun!

Cheers!

ChorusGirl said:
Artist- I sculpt animals (primarily horses) and produce them in earthenware ceramic. I occasionally draw and paint, and do the odd bit of graphic designing. But I really want to be a....

...Lumberjack!

Everybody sing:
I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK
I sleep all night and I work all day.

Chorus:
He's a lumberjack and he's OK
He sleeps all night and he works all day.

I cut down trees, I eat my lunch
I go to the lavatory.
On Wednesdays I go shopping and have buttered scones for tea

Mounties:
He cut down trees, he eat his lunch
He go to the lavatory.
On Wednesdays he go shopping and has buttered scones for tea.

Chorus:

I cut down trees, I skip and jump
I like to press wild flowers.
I put on women's clothing and hang around in bars.

Mounties:
He cuts down trees, he skips and jumps
He likes to press wild flowers.
He puts on women's clothing and hangs around in bars?!

Chorus:

I cut down trees, I wear high heels
Suspenders and a bra.
I wish I'd been a girlie, just like my dear papa!

Mounties:
He cuts down trees, he wears high heels?!
Suspenders...and a bra?!

...He's a lumberjack and he's OK

...He's/I'm a lumberjack and he's/I'm OK
He/I sleep all night and he/I work all day.

Regards to all,

J:p ;)

jdjs

Familiar Face
High school teacher (media arts, computer programming, animation and the odd physics course) whilst juggling all sorts of odd hobbies and interests.

Clyde R.

One of the Regulars
Well, I posted on the other thread "What's Your Racket" that I'm a cop. In my area of the world, like most others, we're not exactly overpaid. Sooo, I work a second job like many other flatfoots to pay for the little extras like collectibles. My wife is an accountant and very good with money so I'm able to use my second job income as "play money" for the most part. We're both rather frugal by nature in terms of not "keeping up with the Joneses." I have friends who just aren't happy unless they're driving a new and expensive ride. I'm content to have a nice home but drive an older but reliable vehicle that's paid for, which enables me to buy some of the old "junk" that really fascinates me.

Legal Concepts

One of the Regulars
Bebop said:
Today a co-worker, while watching an amazing sunset over the Pacific Ocean from my deck here in San Francisco and after looking at my collection of hats, guns, pipes, watches, eyeglasses and photo equipment, and hearing me ramble on about my place in Washington State, said to me, "how do you afford all this stuff?

I work in the Automotive industry building top notch headlamps, and it's funny a Co-worker she AND her husband work there and they can't afford much, I find it strange that my disposable income is up there, so I donate much to charities.:cry:

and a decent attire.;)

MudInYerEye

Practically Family
I fund my vintage attire by selling vintage clothing on eBay. Most of what I sell is men's vintage clothing scavenged at flea markets and thrift stores (that is, the stuff I find that doesn't fit me). Nearly everything I sell either goes to Japan or France. Clearly these are people of taste.

koopkooper

Practically Family
Radio announcer. Easy listening radio station.

Never really worked a real job, trying to avoid that. Great job, couldn't imagine doing anything else!!

Baggers

Practically Family
koopkooper said:
Radio announcer. Easy listening radio station.

Never really worked a real job, trying to avoid that. Great job, couldn't imagine doing anything else!!

G'day, koop,
Nice to meet someone else who spends their days locked up in a soundproof room with headphones on and a mike in front of them!

Cheers!

Steve

Practically Family
I'm a student, webmaster, certified embroidery software operator, house sitter, dog tender, and whatever else I can do during the summer.

A bit of everything...

Catching up on my posts...Currently, I am an industry analyst for one of the primary IT and technology analyst firms where I get to consult, write, publish and give speeches - all things I love to do. In prior professional iterations I have been the lead strategic planner and performance manger for a Federal agency, a DC management consultant - aka "Beltway Bandit", eCommerce manager for another Federal agency, environmental and rangeland research scientist, graduate and undergraduate college instructor, forest ranger, wildland firefighter, police officer, military policeman and combat veteran, and a cowboy. Along the way I have started a few businesses and was able to acquire an undergrad degree, a couple of graduate degrees, and almost a PhD. Writing this and thinking that I turn forty this year, I wonder what I am going to be doing for the next twenty or so years. Life is an adventure...:jeep:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21