Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you do for Living?

FuzzySabre

New in Town
Currently finishing my Bachelors degree in Business, but I'm a full time janitor at a high school (I'm not much older than the students), and a full time father.

skydog757

A-List Customer
Deputy Sheriff in a mid-Michigan county in the Thumb area. Have been appointed as the Community Corrections Supervisor for the last seven years. I oversee sentenced inmates who have been granted eligibility to reduce jail time by participating in Work Site (performing tasks such as working at local agencies or events or heading out with me to paint, rake, shovel, clean, strip and wax floors, swamp out ditches, etc.) I also refer them for treatment (substance abuse classes, residential services, cognitive/behavior) after assessing their areas of need. It is without a doubt the best job that I have ever had. I'm able to have a positive, direct impact on the community that I live in and the residents that live there.

vintage.vendeuse

A-List Customer
Deputy Sheriff in a mid-Michigan county in the Thumb area. Have been appointed as the Community Corrections Supervisor for the last seven years. I oversee sentenced inmates who have been granted eligibility to reduce jail time by participating in Work Site (performing tasks such as working at local agencies or events or heading out with me to paint, rake, shovel, clean, strip and wax floors, swamp out ditches, etc.) I also refer them for treatment (substance abuse classes, residential services, cognitive/behavior) after assessing their areas of need. It is without a doubt the best job that I have ever had. I'm able to have a positive, direct impact on the community that I live in and the residents that live there.

Greetings from a fellow Michigander! :wave:

Last edited:

supercruiser

New in Town
I'm a conceptual designer. I work primarily in large scale events (the largest sporting event in the USA, and no, I don't like football), trade shows and corporate events. I'm trained as an industrial designer, but I've worked in the motion picture industry, from PA to production and finally practical effects and props. I've also worked closely with big names in historical preservation.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I'm a conceptual designer. I work primarily in large scale events (the largest sporting event in the USA, and no, I don't like football), trade shows and corporate events. I'm trained as an industrial designer, but I've worked in the motion picture industry, from PA to production and finally practical effects and props. I've also worked closely with big names in historical preservation.
That's very fascinating! :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider