Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you do for Living?

newsman

One of the Regulars
Well this may as well be the best place to make a first post!

I've had a checkered past: I've been a professional journalist, deputy sheriff, and currently work in information technology as a SAN/NAS administrator and virtualization guy. However, I'd like to shelve it and go back to school to pick up a PHD in history and teach. Or at the very least go back to writing for publications.

-Newsman-

Well this may as well be the best place to make a first post!

I've had a checkered past: I've been a professional journalist, deputy sheriff, and currently work in information technology as a SAN/NAS administrator and virtualization guy. However, I'd like to shelve it and go back to school to pick up a PHD in history and teach. Or at the very least go back to writing for publications.

-Newsman-

Then do it! Time is a wasting and no one, to my knowledge, is getting any younger.
:D

newsman

One of the Regulars
Then do it! Time is a wasting and no one, to my knowledge, is getting any younger.
:D

Truly spoken like th TouchofEvil...I gotta pay the bills. The wife did buy me a copy of the GRE test book prep-guide. That might be what Hoover and his boys call a clue.

Might start freelancing again. That would put a foot back in the door.

-Newsman-

Ghost Rider

One of the Regulars
I've been involvrd in training for almost my whole career. Currently Training Manager for a Swiss company producing automated storage equipment. It gets me around and I'm very lucky to travel all over the World doing training.

Methuselah

One of the Regulars
I work for a large PLC. The only employer I've ever had, but the job keeps changing. Started off doing data entry, now senior software developer. It's good that some companies still believe in on the job training! :)

Funny this thread came back up today. I just had a thought at work on Friday about the Lounge. Seems like I'm in the minority being in a blue-collar, manufacturing job.

Anyhow, still at the cheese factory, now working as a forklift driver.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner