Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you do for Living?

maff2k

New in Town
I'm an Advanced Emergency Medical Technician (grade down from a paramedic) with the Yorkshire Ambulance Service here in the UK - beats working for a living!

M

Trotsky

A-List Customer
I just earned a PhD in Political Science and am currently employed as a Transfer Advisor. Not a bad gig in the least, but I looooong to teach as a Assistant Professor.

byronic

One of the Regulars
for my sins (not taking school seriously), i am a truck driver. but at least i got to travel all over europe, discover different cultures, learn a little of the lingo, sample their food, have a different view from my window when i woke each day, and was paid for it. it gave me a taste for alternative films, music and cookery, my friends are constantly amazed by all the obscure rubbish i know, or listen to, or can cook... :p -now i still drive a truck, but just at night, regular hours, and for perhaps only 2 hours during a 10 hour shift, which leaves me lots of spare time to come into the lounge and also study to become a teacher of English and learn Polish- Why? well, its a long story, but at 41 i think ive finally matured enough to get a proper job, a family, settle down and grow up!

Tatum

Practically Family
Freelance graphic & web designer, and professional student.

I have great fun with my hair, but no one ever sees it, lol!

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Say a little prayer for me to get the job...

I interviewed for yesterday. The first question they asked me was "Does your music come first? Because that is a job requirement."
Everyone who works there is a musician, so no issues about taking time off for gigs.
A real job, with benefits, that has that requirement? I am very hopeful.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Miss 1929 said:
I interviewed for yesterday. The first question they asked me was "Does your music come first? Because that is a job requirement."
Everyone who works there is a musician, so no issues about taking time off for gigs.
A real job, with benefits, that has that requirement? I am very hopeful.

oooh ..is this the one we talked about?

I will cross my fingers toes and eyes.....

Big Man

Miss 1929 said:
... A real job, with benefits, that has that requirement? I am very hopeful.

As Babe Ruth (reportedly) said, "You mean you're going to PAY me to play baseball?" :D

Good luck with the job prospect.

Miss 1929

Thanks! I am lighting candles and sacrificing small animals, I have been unemployed since mid-June and the wolf is at the door. And he's not even a cute vintage Wolf.

Eyemo

Practically Family
Miss 1929 said:
Thanks! I am lighting candles and sacrificing small animals, I have been unemployed since mid-June and the wolf is at the door. And he's not even a cute vintage Wolf.

Know that feeling....!! Best of luck!!:)

Mac Daddy

New in Town
Big Man said:
Good to see another Firefighter here. I've been a volunteer firefighter for the past 28 years, and you're right - it really doesn't get any better than that.

I am paid and volunteer, think I need to get a life......lol

Delthayre

One of the Regulars
But what I really want to do is direct... no, wait, I mean financial compliance

I am interning as a Data Services Research Assistant for the New York State Child Care Coördinating Council.

britishink

New in Town
Putting whats on the inside of my skin on the outside of yours....

I own and operate Britishink Tattoos, Washington DCs only fully custom tattoo studio.

And no, it doesn't hurt.

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
i was the owner of a telecommunications sconstuction and engineering company. Sold out in '95, and was a rich man, for a while, until the company to which I sold my business went under in the biggest corporate fraud scandal up to the present day.

I now manage a few rental properties that I managed to salvage from the crack-up (well, at least I own them free and clear), and restore and sell vintage radios, phonographs, and records.

All in all a pretty pleasant life!

classyguy

Familiar Face
I am a first year advertising student hoping to go into art directing. In my spare time I am a writer, visual artist and photographer.

TheDutchess

One of the Regulars
I think I wrote what I did in a similar threat but, I have a new title so ill share. I work for a fashion forecasting company. I basically get to run around and look at trends, analyze them, and figure out what you are going to wear next year.
On top of that I'm still drawing, and randomly sewing, while someone else takes the credit for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo