Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

what do you do ...?

John Wesley

New in Town
I am an art student turned scientist. I have many patents in graphic arts technology and image science. I worked for many years scaling up my inventions to manufacturing facilities in Germany, Japan, China, and the USA. Never really was required to wear a hat for work, except the occassional hard hat. I enjoy wearing fedoras particularlly, playing my electric guitar, blues, of course, drinking good whiskey, driving roadsters, and I love hard boiled detective fiction. Dashiell Hammett is my favorite.

philosophygirl78

A-List Customer
I spend so much time here that I feel like I know some of you...

I was wondering if any of you would feel comfortable talking about what you do for a living ... I'm curious ... and I feel like it will help me connect with your posts and pictures

... and to keep it about hats ... is there a piece of headwear you are required to wear for your occupation ?

I'll start by telling what some of you already know ... I'm a working musician/drummer/percussionist

I do supplement a bit of my income via teaching ... I have 58 students that I teach at my studio

I play all styles of music ... whatever they pay me to play ... I prefer to play trio or quartet jazz mostly these days ... but unfortunately it does not pay all that much

the rock, country, blues, R&B, pop gigs and teaching pays the bills... while the jazz gigs maybe put gas in the car and soothe my soul

... I'd love to hear about you guys if you feel comfortable about it

Good morning... What a lovely idea for a thread. Kind as well.. :p

Mostly, I linger in the Observation Bar of the lounge posting philosophical threads and such, but came across this somehow...

I am 39 years old. Live in Miami aka the gateway to inferno. I have a rather square day job: Commercial Real Estate Valuation and Consultancy Broker, doing boring things like financial analysis on M&A's, Managing the commercial arm of the company, and I am also a Certified Real Estate Trainer with the State of Florida. Perhaps the least boring aspect of my job is the teaching part.

In fact, I gave a training yesterday to a hall of over 100 agents. It was very fun... But the best part is when they come see you after the class and ask for advice and want to learn. I think too much credit is given in this world to making money and too little to education. I am perhaps content with the fact I can achieve both in my career.

I have a 7 year old son who was just tested for gifted and is now in a special program not just for gifted math and science but also for the Arts. He has incredible drawing skills and creative. I am very proud of him..

I have been told I am a deep person, whatever that means. I consider myself very simple. Old Fashioned.

What makes me happy? A good man that loves to play with me (like build tents from bed sheets and pretend we are lost travelers in the universe), a stable home, a good meal, and hugs.... lots of hugs... its the stuff life is about.

Not really much else to me... I do love lady hats. I own over 30 I believe. Also a Jewelry fan. I make a mean Lemon Drop Martini.

you can catch my not so important philosophical ramblings in the Observation Bar. ;)

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Good morning... What a lovely idea for a thread. Kind as well.. :p

Mostly, I linger in the Observation Bar of the lounge posting philosophical threads and such, but came across this somehow...

I am 39 years old. Live in Miami aka the gateway to inferno. I have a rather square day job: Commercial Real Estate Valuation and Consultancy Broker, doing boring things like financial analysis on M&A's, Managing the commercial arm of the company, and I am also a Certified Real Estate Trainer with the State of Florida. Perhaps the least boring aspect of my job is the teaching part.

In fact, I gave a training yesterday to a hall of over 100 agents. It was very fun... But the best part is when they come see you after the class and ask for advice and want to learn. I think too much credit is given in this world to making money and too little to education. I am perhaps content with the fact I can achieve both in my career.

I have a 7 year old son who was just tested for gifted and is now in a special program not just for gifted math and science but also for the Arts. He has incredible drawing skills and creative. I am very proud of him..

I have been told I am a deep person, whatever that means. I consider myself very simple. Old Fashioned.

What makes me happy? A good man that loves to play with me (like build tents from bed sheets and pretend we are lost travelers in the universe), a stable home, a good meal, and hugs.... lots of hugs... its the stuff life is about.

Not really much else to me... I do love lady hats. I own over 30 I believe. Also a Jewelry fan. I make a mean Lemon Drop Martini.

you can catch my not so important philosophical ramblings in the Observation Bar. ;)
Nice to hear from you Girl. Come spend some time here.

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
I spend so much time here that I feel like I know some of you...

I was wondering if any of you would feel comfortable talking about what you do for a living ... I'm curious ... and I feel like it will help me connect with your posts and pictures

... and to keep it about hats ... is there a piece of headwear you are required to wear for your occupation ?

I'll start by telling what some of you already know ... I'm a working musician/drummer/percussionist

I do supplement a bit of my income via teaching ... I have 58 students that I teach at my studio

I play all styles of music ... whatever they pay me to play ... I prefer to play trio or quartet jazz mostly these days ... but unfortunately it does not pay all that much

the rock, country, blues, R&B, pop gigs and teaching pays the bills... while the jazz gigs maybe put gas in the car and soothe my soul

... I'd love to hear about you guys if you feel comfortable about it
As the name implies, I am a middle school history teacher. I teach 7th grade and also am the head basketball coach for our girl's team at the school. During football season I am a play by play voice for high school football games on the local FM station

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner