Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you look like?

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
mike said:
with my pup, Dr. Gogol...
DSC_1752.jpg

Hey! Another bulldogger! :D

Wow - I just watched Mr. Blandings (yada). The house is for real??

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
mike said:
Visiting Mr. Blanding's Dream House, as it still stands today!
DSC_1762.jpg

How neat is that?! Is the house in Connecticut? What did the owners think of your showing up (did they even notice)? Details, please!

mike

Call Me a Cab
imoldfashioned said:
How neat is that?! Is the house in Connecticut? What did the owners think of your showing up (did they even notice)? Details, please!

Yoooou bet it's for real! It's in Malibu Creek State park north west of Los Angeles only about 1/2 an hour! It's not publicly advertised there as the actual house, but it absolutely is it! The entire area was where the studios would go to shoot exteriors with wide open spaces. Some Elvis films were shot there. The original Planet of the Apes was shot there in the 60's when it was owned by Fox (aka the Fox Ranch). Hogan's Heroes was shot there (and therefore I'm assuming the Ilsa movies.) It's all just wide open land now, but the Blanding's home, regardless of how rickety it may have seemed in the film, still stands!

Scotrace - you've got bullies aswell!? They're the best! Dr. Gogol is hell on wheels! He's a LOT bigger now than in that picture, only 9 months & already 42 pounds! GULP! :D

dostacos

Practically Family
mike said:
Visiting Mr. Blanding's Dream House, as it still stands today!
DSC_1762.jpg

what it looked like originally...
DSC_1774.jpg
2pm Monday Dec 17th TCM will be showing the movie. {not sure east, central pacific time....}

according to Wikpedia they built 73 full replica houses as a promotion of the movie:D

mike

Call Me a Cab
dostacos said:
2pm Monday Dec 17th TCM will be showing the movie. {not sure east, central pacific time....}

according to Wikpedia they built 73 full replica houses as a promotion of the movie:D

It's one of my dad's favorite movies! So as a treat, when they came to visit LA I got a tour of the house from a guy who is a historian/park ranger there! my pop was thrilled! Apparently they also set up a large water tank there for Tora! Tora! Tora! So he was really having a grand ol'time. What can I say, I'm a good son! :rolleyes: :p

mike

Call Me a Cab
whooooa they are GREAT! What terrific noses!! What are their names? How old? Do you have problems with them fighting? When me and my ex split up, she took Lulu & I kept Dr. Gogol, which was somewhat a good thing because as he got older, they just wound up fighting more and more!

Meanwhile, this is me...
DSCN1442.jpg

so is this...
DSCN1426.jpg

more pics here...

On there are also pictures of my dearly departed French Bulldog, Louie... He was hit by a car & it wrecked me. He was my first dog & was only a puppy! :( Dr. Gogol was an attempt to focus on something positive, and he certainly does his job, he's a great pup :)

Marty M.

Vendor
The lady in Red.

Miss_Bella_Hell said:
<---------- I have a new avatar. It is me!

Beautiful. You should post more pictures. Hey Miss Bella Hell, I thought that you were joining us in NY last summer when we got together for pizza? We needed you to class us up.
Marty Mathis

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Is the headline for this thread.
I open up on the last page, and what do I see?

MVC-020S.jpg

lol lol lol

Besides that, it's one of the best pictures I have seen for a very, very long time. My first thought was: Winston Churchill!

This shot is SO great, and I would just love to use it as my new avatar:D

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Not if I beat you to it, Spitfire! :)

They are mother & daughter, Lucy and Asta. Lucy is 5, Asta 2. They play fight, but it's never serious. Mostly they sleep.

Mike, yours look like proper snoozy sausages! Wonderful.

And I apologize for completely running this thread off the road. :O

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks for all the kind words. I'm not such an exhibitionist now that I retired from burlesque! lol Just a picture now and then will have to do.

Marty M. said:
Beautiful. You should post more pictures. Hey Miss Bella Hell, I thought that you were joining us in NY last summer when we got together for pizza? We needed you to class us up.
Marty Mathis

Hrm, I don't remember! Sorry if I ditched you guys. I'm always game for hanging out but last minute plans have a tendency to pop up, you know how it is.

pdxvintagette

A-List Customer
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
I'm not such an exhibitionist now that I retired from burlesque!

You're only 27 and already retired from burlesque? That's interesting. Most of our Northwest subculture burlesque gals are in their mid/late 20's to mid 30's. Miss Kitty Baby would be a good example. Interesting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart