Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you think about rolling up the sleeves once in leather jackets?

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
That is a badass coat... Eastman is at its apex when it comes to flight jacket restoration... along with Goodwear... But Goodwear don't make ANJ-4, which makes Eastman the king of ANJ-4
Haha

He does!

8cd88c0248cc9fc43bfa384807f361f1.jpg

Edward

Bartender
It's only OK for Eddie or Don Johnson ala Miami vice, maybe Swayze and Russell? You get outside of '89...well...you've done gone too far off the reservation.
If you have to roll the sleeves...you don't need to wear the jacket.

Eddie Murphy movies and Miami Vice are the epitome of jacket-sleeve rolling. In a civilised world, theywould serve not as a style-guide, but rather a cautionary tale.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
The look doesn't bug me. In fact, it looks cool. ^ But I hate fold creases in leather; often when jackets are folded in shipping and it just scares me.

high-maintenance

One of the Regulars
Okay, that's what I thought. But I wouldn't buy one brick and mortar if it didn't fit me.
Well... my case was a bit special. Lewis leather does not let you buy from their online shop if you're South Korean. It's their store policy. I suppose that's because there are official dealers here in South Korea. So, I decided to buy a Lewis leather jacket directly from its maker when I visit London and I did. Again, Lewis leathers made it a store policy to make South Korean customers go through official dealers(and they kinda surcharge customers in my opinion). I had not much of a choice back then.

Funny as I roll the sleeves on every shirt I own, but a jacket? Can't do it. A baseball jacket is a different beast, and you have to be WAY cooler than me to do it. I will admit to wetting and pulling up sleeves on new leather to get them started, but that's only in the house :)

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Okay, that's what I thought. But I wouldn't buy one brick and mortar if it didn't fit me.
Well... my case was a bit special. Lewis leather does not let you buy from their online shop if you're South Korean. It's their store policy. I suppose that's because there are official dealers here in South Korea. So, I decided to buy a Lewis leather jacket directly from its maker when I visit London and I did. Again, Lewis leathers made it a store policy to make South Korean customers go through official dealers(and they kinda surcharge customers in my opinion). I had not much of a choice back then.

Yes, that's special, all right.

What if you're North Korean?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy