Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you think of modern "Street/Punk" Fedoras?

What do you think of modern "Street/Punk" Fedoras?

• Nice

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Okay

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Not the Nicest thing

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hate them

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • I Can't believe where "Style is going"

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

theinterchange

One Too Many
Dewhurst said:
Nice! My favorite: A gentleman opens a door for a woman going in to the library. The woman stops in front of the door, gestures and says, "Go ahead, sir!" At which point the man has two replies ready: (A)"Well, I'm a man and your a woman... so you go first." (B) "OK". He chooses B and enters the door he is apparently now holding for himself.

Neophyte said:
...and closes it shut right behind him lol!

Normally, I hold open doors for the opposite sex, but there have been glaring exceptions.

Once, this late teen/early twentysomething girl wearing next to nothing [but in serious need of covering what she was exposing to the world :confused: ] was standing a few feet in front of a door texting and yelling loudly to someone who was obviously in another part of the store. I had to squeeze past her to get through the security bar thing, but could tell once I got past that she was walking for the door. I simply let it go in her face.

The person I was with was a little behind me as they had stopped to look at something. once outside and in the vehicle, they told me she started cursing at me for letting the door close on her.

I cannot bide people holding things up simply because they're too wrapped up in their own text conversation world. :mad:

What does this have to do with the fedoras at hand? Most of the folks around my area I see wearing them exhibit this sort of behaviour. So in my eyes apart from any negative thoughts I have toward these hats, the wearers make things considerably worse. It's a sort of "look at me, I'm all cool, I'm all awesome, I'm wearing a cheap hat but am acting like it cost a grand." attitude.

Randy

Rider

Familiar Face
I do not care for the hats much, but I am optimistic about the trend. I believe it may return to popularity the wearing of brimmed hats. I think that is a good thing.

Plus, I prefer my gangbanger to be stylishly dressed, rather than having a flat-brimmed ball cap with the price tag still hanging turned sideways on his head. I'm just sayin'. :rolleyes:

theinterchange

One Too Many
Rider said:
Perhaps someone needs to start a thread, "Fedoras and Wife-beaters?" lol

That would get real creepy, real quick... :eek:

Randy

P.S After all of my Timberlake bashing, I came across several photos of him at a charity golf tournament. I must say he looks good [yes, I'll say very good] in a hat here

rlk

I'll Lock Up

!BVLG+3w!2k~$(KGrHgoH-CoEjlLlfZ3LBKRKFesKKw~~_3.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner