Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you think of modern "Street/Punk" Fedoras?

What do you think of modern "Street/Punk" Fedoras?

• Nice

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Okay

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Not the Nicest thing

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hate them

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • I Can't believe where "Style is going"

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

The Good

Call Me a Cab
If you mean the ones you can easily buy at Target, Walmart, or anywhere else they're sold, I don't think they're my thing, so much as the wider brimmed fur felts and straws are. They can look alright, or even cool on the right person, though.

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Not gonna lie, I've been tempted by some of Goorin's hats, though their sizing isn't really friendly to my head.

Of course, I'm probably one of the younger posters on here as well.

That having been said, my "cheap" hat is still a wool felt hat...which I figure has to be a "step up" from the cloth ones.

theinterchange

One Too Many
I ticked the "Not the nicest things" option. On some, they can look good, but very few somebodies that I see.

They're not to my taste [anymore... I used to wear them] but won't frown on someone who does sport them. To each their own, and if they like it, that's all that counts, really.

Randy

jbucklin

Practically Family
I have a few of them---thought about giving them away or selling them, but can't seem to do it. I guess I still kind of like them. [huh]

Jack Scorpion

One Too Many
I really can't stand these faux-doras.

I guess there is something to be said for hats coming back into style in general, regardless of how it's done. And I'm not usually the person to rain down hate on current styles, because I dress pretty modernly myself.

But there's something about those that hats irk me.

Tiller

Practically Family
Mike Rivera said:
The more people in hats that aren't caps is good with me.

I believe you and Paddy are right. It's a step in the right direction. If I had to guess, most hat wearers in my age group probably started with something along those lines, before they moved up towards what many consider a "proper" hat ;).

For many I think it's the first step towards a great addiction :p.

Wolfmanjack

Practically Family
They're not that bad; kind of cute on a younger person. Far better than the ubiquitous ball cap. Vastly better than a ball cap worn backward or sideways.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
I look horrendously silly in them, and I think most other people do too. That said, I have known guys who can rock them (and lots of gals who look great in them), so I am not going to say that they are bad. I agree with the others though, they are hats becoming popular, which is good. If hats become properly popular, someone will eventually start making cheap, but nice, hats.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
MisterCairo said:
They're like soft drugs. You get hooked, and work up to stronger stuff. Next thing, these guys'll be wearing waistcoats.
A lot of them already are. Now to get them to wear shirts instead of t-shirts under those waistcoats.

I like a real fedora much better, but these make great work hats that it doesn't matter if they meet a demise working outdoors cutting down trees, or other such messy work.

Also, I agree they're a step away from the ball cap, which reigns supreme, especially in my blue-collar world. Which is a good thing.

Dewhurst

Practically Family
I think they look fine, but are not impressive.

If someone likes them, they should wear them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner