Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you think of this suit...

Sly Style

Familiar Face
Its one that I have located online that ought to fit me fairly well. Its not true vintage, its an imitation, I am already aware of that, but was wondering what the greater assemblage thought of it.

nvydbsuit1.JPG

nvydbsuit2.JPG

nvydbsuit3.JPG

nvydbsuit4.JPG

nvydbsuit5.JPG

Sly Style

Familiar Face
Thank you, I haven't purchased it yet, only considering, but I welcome anyones imput, especially considering since it it is a more modern suit styled in vintage fashion.

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
I have to say, I'm not a big fan of the 6x1 double-breasted look. Somehow the fit and the lines don't seem as flattering as a 6x2 coat. Even done as well as possible, with the drape cut and the beautifully rolled lapel in that 1941 illustration, they just don't quite do it for me. Remind me too much of awful '80s jackets, and the fact that it's well nigh impossible to find anything else in thrift shops these days.

Happy Stroller

One of the Regulars
Tomasso said:
====================== End of quote =====================
I quite like the jacket on Cary Grant, especially since the lady has chosen to be next to him. Wonder what exactly was the kind of jacket he was wearing.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
CG appears to be wearing a lapel-less sportcoat.

Happy Stroller said:
I quite like the jacket on Cary Grant, especially since the lady has chosen to be next to him. Wonder what exactly was the kind of jacket he was wearing.

carygrant146.jpeg

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
CG sure did get jiggy, sartorially speaking, in "The Philadelphia Story".

:eek: What is going on with his sportjacket? Is this about the time that he started trippin' ?

Annex20-20Hepburn20Katharine20Phila.jpg

Happy Stroller

One of the Regulars
Tomasso said:
:eek: What is going on with his sportjacket? Is this about the time that he started trippin' ?

Annex20-20Hepburn20Katharine20Phila.jpg
===================== End of quote ====================

"So you think you're strong, boy? You're using two, but I only need to use one. In fact, mine is supporting her center of gravity, and I'm using just my left bicep."

My, they seemed to have experimented with all kinds of lapels and cuts during the 1930s. Could it be because cloth was so cheap during the Great Depression? And does that mean the next Golden Age for Gents Wear will be due soon by next year?

Seems pretty nice to me!

Sly Style said:
Its one that I have located online that ought to fit me fairly well. Its not true vintage, its an imitation, I am already aware of that, but was wondering what the greater assemblage thought of it.

nvydbsuit1.JPG

nvydbsuit2.JPG

nvydbsuit3.JPG

nvydbsuit4.JPG

nvydbsuit5.JPG
++++++++++++

I like it, whose the vendor and the maker?

Sly Style

Familiar Face
They are correct for my leg length as per the measurements on the vendors website, and I am certain they could be let out a bit if necessary. We'll see when it arrives.

I remain sincerely,
Benny K.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR