Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you think?

ArrowCollarMan

A-List Customer
Wing collar with suit?
1261230455_l.jpg

I know I've gone on about this before but now I finally have the wing collared shirt (maybe not the right kind for such a thick knotted tie, but I still think it looks cool). The look reminds me of something out of 1906 or so.

I need a Golden Era suit. What kind would go with a proper wing collar (detachable)?

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
It looks a bit skimpy.

I think that a wing collar should have a higher stand than a turn down collar, especially the front stand.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Shirtmakers charge a premium for formal shirts, mainly for the fancy front. You're near LA and I think that Anto would probably charge over $300 but they may be amenable to building a proper collar on an existing shirt for substantially less, say $50. If you cry poor they may do it for even less.;)

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Try having a look at some of the Civil War Suttlers/Reenactment outfitters for "Old West/Vctorian" shirts- might be just what you need at an affordable price.

An alternative- the one I would choose, is to buy a detachable collar and use it with one of your own shirts- remove the existing collar neatly- leaving the collar stand and make a stud hole at the back of the collar stand. The collar stand 'might' be too shallow but it might give you more alternatives.

You're looking very Victorian, young Sir.

B
T

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany