Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you use to shave?

tommyK

One Too Many
Special Reserve is stronger and longer lasting in scent as it is "after shave cologne" and regular Clubman is "after shave lotion"

cchgn

One of the Regulars
What advantages do you find with these vintage razors over the EJ DE89 ? I have one and really like it, more so than my Merkur 1914 ( I think that is the name , can't quite remember).....

I too have a EJ89 and vintage Gillettes. I find the EJ too heavy and aggressive. My favorite is the 1930's new style open comb ball end. IMO, King Gillette reached perfection with it.

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
I just got some Col Conk in the mail the other day and I really think it is a very good mid-level soap. Nothing fancy but the bay rum smell is fantastic. Much better than the common mug soap they sell at Wal-Mart. Just waiting on my first DE razor to arrive and I will be set!

Strapped-4-Cache

One Too Many
St. Charles Shave Cream, German knock-off of a Gillette travel razor (simply marked Made in Germany)loaded with a Personna, hot scuttle for lather with a simple boar brush, finished with Giorgio of Beverly Hills after shave.

SOTD.JPG

tommyK

One Too Many
I just got some Lucky Tiger After Shave & Face Tonic and Proraso Blue.

Just started mixing in Lucky Tiger recently. I really like it although it doesn't have the astringent burn. Nice stuff with a light lemony scent. If you don't like the burn, I highly recommend.

gear-guy

Practically Family
I use a merkur 180 long handle with Shark blades, and Taylor of bond st. with a boar hair brush. I also shave my head every morning but that is with the same cream as my face but use a Gillette Fusion for the head. Used the safety razor for a while on the head but took too long and had too many nicks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou