Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you wear for rain wear? Shoes and jackets

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
when it is wet and/or snowy, these are not bad. even if they are not the prettiest.

D374188C-95AA-4F0C-9B09-67DA6CEF0EAE.jpeg

dubpynchon

One Too Many
I wear my Aero Cheyenne and a pair of William Lennon boots with Vibram soles, unless I have a new jacket that needs breaking in, and I’m on a break from buying new jackets at the moment, six months clean!

M Brown

A-List Customer
when it rains I wear my old Australian Outback waxed cotton duster. I've had it since the early 80's. It's worn and looks it's age but it still keeps me dry. My rain hat is an equally old Miller Bros 4" brim western felt. It's seen more downpours than I can count and always comes back ready for more. They both look like they're about ready for a museum.

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Received my new short raincoat, color is sand, beige...it’s not repellent but proof so in fact a membrane lined outdoor short coat.

full

full

Got a second, black repellent short coat from Boss, will add a pic occasionally.

Both can be worn over a suit or layered with a sweater or cardigan, what makes them quite versatile.

For less sophisticated occasions it will be that below pony...or a chore coat.

full

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
I’ll wear any jacket and any boots on a rainy day. My Barbour international is probably best suited and my first choice.

yellowfever

One of the Regulars
Casual: Doc marten boots or engineer boot with vibram soles (treated with huberds shoes grease, Obernaufs LP or Wesco’s own equivalent). I avoid leather soles, canvas shoes/trainers and anything without at least a little bit of tread for grip.

If wearing a suit, I wear fairly low key doc marten shoes (not the ones with yellow stitching) as I avoid wearing my smarter leather soled shoes (even though they’re treated with sole guard) if I know for sure it’s going to be raining a lot….

For jackets/coats when wearing suits, if it’s properly raining and will be for a while, trench coats. Cotton gabardine if not too cold else leather one (in winter) if it is usually with a quality umbrella. In warmer weather especially in lighter rain if not much wind I may make do with just the umbrella.

For casual wear often the same answer as for with a suit (trench-coats/brolly). But I’ll also happily wear one of my shorter leather jackets or, if it’s very rainy, my snowboard gortex shell jacket.

Whilst I often use a good quality folding umbrella, I also make do with just a beanie or nothing depending.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy