Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you wear under your jacket?

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
When did the denim jacket under a leather jacket trend begin?
I’m curious, is it an IG thing?

Way before the internet days. Larry Mullen Jr. of U2 was wearing a faded denim jacket under a black CR during the „Joshua Tree“/„Rattle&Hum“ days and the teenaged me thought this was the coolest look ever.

Yango

One of the Regulars
Way before the internet days. Larry Mullen Jr. of U2 was wearing a faded denim jacket under a black CR during the „Joshua Tree“/„Rattle&Hum“ days and the teenaged me thought this was the coolest look ever.
And they were right!

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
When did the denim jacket under a leather jacket trend begin?
I’m curious, is it an IG thing?
I don't know if this is a trend or ever was, but I did it back in the 80s/90s. Not regularly, but every now and then.
Also works with a coat
DE389D6D-2654-4D9B-975E-7FF940E604D5.jpeg
A2ACE22B-7EFE-4AE0-9A2C-2526A15FC45B.jpeg
66D2511A-A552-4FEB-A3D9-282CBC2FFB1C.jpeg
20F8C403-BFEA-42BA-9359-E4FF9F525AC9.jpeg

Thanks guys, I don’t ever recall noticing it...then over the last few months I’ve seen it quite a bit in photos- never IRL.

I do it if it’s colder out. If not, I always have a a vest in the saddlebag or car, for when I take off the jacket. If out and about it’s denim, if working something a bit more “formal”, like a thinner north face vest.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
I don't know if this is a trend or ever was, but I did it back in the 80s/90s. Not regularly, but every now and then.
Also works with a coat View attachment 411475 View attachment 411477 View attachment 411474 View attachment 411476
I still do this 2022. But I cut the sleeves off the truckers so it’s easier to layer. I started doing this when I first started out it was a means to carry more stuff on me when I was on the road. The cheap truckers have two very usable inside pockets behind the hand warmers. It was that or fanny pack. Easy choice.

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
In the same period the exact opposite was the trend among thrash metallers. Denim jacket with their sleeves cut-off worn over a perfecto - and ofcourse patches from as many concerts as possible as battle-stripes.
Nice days.
View attachment 411600
Right. I think the cut off jackets had almost everyone in our area . Plus it was popular in the rocker scene before leather vests became.

dark wood

One of the Regulars
Black tees - Brave star for dress, Dickies for work. Smartwool merino mock turtle neck for when it’s colder or riding a motorcycle.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Bumping this thread, but I have a question. Do you guys know a source for quality t-shirts that have good length to be worn untucked and not stick out from under a jacket too much? @ton312 , I noticed your shirts have perfect length for that, but I am not sure if they are tees. I am looking for tee length up to 2" below the belt. Some of my tees are down to my thighs, lol.

Bumping this thread, but I have a question. Do you guys know a source for quality t-shirts that have good length to be worn untucked and not stick out from under a jacket too much? @ton312 , I noticed your shirts have perfect length for that, but I am not sure if they are tees. I am looking for tee length up to 2" below the belt. Some of my tees are down to my thighs, lol.
I wear j crew (untucked version) button downs. T- shirts are just these off amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Hanes-Ultimate-4-Pack-FreshIQ-T-Shirt/dp/B00V688LCO
I wear my t shirts tight, I want them as both undershirts and just a stand alone T, and the Hanes fit the bill for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk