Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you wear under your jacket?

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I bought a few henleys and will try them with my jackets. Gotta get away from black t-shirts for a while. So far my favorite is an indigo henley from Flag and Anthem. Very comfortable. Trouble with henleys is that they look much better untucked. But I have not yet seen a shirt that looks good untucked with a jacket. What to do, what to do?

I wear everything untucked. In the best case, I tuck some of it under the belt buckle at the front. If you don't like it, you just have to look away. lol

45711F50-BE90-41C2-A89D-172C095B7F32.jpeg

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I bought a few henleys and will try them with my jackets. Gotta get away from black t-shirts for a while. So far my favorite is an indigo henley from Flag and Anthem. Very comfortable. Trouble with henleys is that they look much better untucked. But I have not yet seen a shirt that looks good untucked with a jacket. What to do, what to do?
I think I can wear untucked anything with un zipped jacket, if I half zipped the jacket then I do the front tucking only , the rear untucked part to me looks cool.

Edward

Bartender
This photo is from way back in 2010, don't seem to have many recent ones, but...

33767_434025527259_6667537_n.jpg

2011:

250721_10150831101222260_1352761461_n.jpg

Goofing around with the legend Al Gare before a gig in 2014:

1538742_10151905060802260_217558309_n.jpg

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
I love the concept of a dress shirt and tie under a leather jacket. Some think it is pretentious, I don't. Not easy to pull off, though, I think you need a good lid for that, too.

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I am seriously considering getting some of these. Do you order in the same size as your Rymhart troyer?

Yes, I do, they run slightly tighter than the Troyer (regular sized) that way. At least on my fawn-like body…:D

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Yes, I do, they run slightly tighter than the Troyer (regular sized) that way. At least on my fawn-like body…:D

Great, thanks! Suits me well. The Troyer in "L" is pretty roomy for me, but one size down is too tight...

TLW '90

Practically Family
No jacket in the summer.
T shirt under a leather jacket on a slightly warmer early fall or early spring day.
Henley and a flannel under leather denim or wool in the winter and colder fall days.
And I'll add a wool vest into the mix on extra cold days.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
In my quest of wearing only one layer under a leather jacket during the NE US winter, I got a couple of River Driver henleys from LL Bean. This is cheating a little bit because these are 2 layers fused together, the inner moisture wicking layer and the outer wool/cotton/polyamide layer. I will report...:)

jglf

A-List Customer
I wear all my shirts untucked but only wear short and long sleeve tees under my leather jackets. I make sure that they only hang no more than 2in below the hem. If they are slim fit the bottom of the shirts unusually stack on my hips preventing them from hanging too low.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
The River Driver henleys from LL Bean have been working for me when worn under leather jackets with quilted linings at 0 C (32F). I don't think they would have worked if the jackets had regular nylon linings, but with quilted linings they kept me warm as the only underlayer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points