Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Don’t you dare trim an El Presidente!!
You could prob sell it and get 3 or 4 nice vintage hats. Or just keep it for who knows what times.
B
OK, that's a better idea. And to think it was the El Presidente that took me down this path.

All I wanted was a hat like Raylan Givens' in "Justified." And then, in the final episode, I saw the green hat the assasin wore in the duel.

I read in the net it was an Optimo Chicago. It wasn't, but I was going to Chicago the following week anyway, and there I fell in love with Optimo and Fedoras.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

OK, that's a better idea. And to think it was the El Presidente that took me down this path.

All I wanted was a hat like Raylan Givens' in "Justified." And then, in the final episode, I saw the green hat the assasin wore in the duel.

I read in the net it was an Optimo Chicago. It wasn't, but I was going to Chicago the following week anyway, and there I fell in love with Optimo and Fedoras.

Now that’s a cool hat collection genesis story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Whew! I thought for a minute you might actually do it. It is a beautiful hat as is.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

RJR

$_103.jpg
I took a chance on this Rand.I'm interested to get it in hand.

Yeah....i had a flashback to that vintage Whippet that someone trimmed the brim to about 1” with pinking shears!!!
Nightmares!!!
B

I’ve been looking for an extra stingy Whippet with a distressed lived in look. If they put some burn marks and grease on it I’d consider it, but I can’t go above $1,500.00.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I had to fold them, not stack them, but I have about 18 hats fully recovered already, with three to go.

It's hard work, though, Bowen! I was at it for three hours last night, and about eight today.
I am fast becoming competent in the diamond crease, too.
It is amazing how well they respond to brushing and steaming.
And almost all of them are a perfect fit, and the few that are not are only a light stretch away.
cec660d6c85ccae3cafa5da5ad94effc.jpg
55b1ee0613e16d283f438924fc91453d.jpg

You are performing a yeoman's task. Enjoy every second of it Max.

NewJack

Practically Family
Pulled the trigger on another nice Homburg. This one by Mac Lachlin (or is it McLachlin?) from a fellow lounger. Always wanted one in gray. Careful what you wish for...Ya might just get it! :)

Attachments

• 6zLfg3lmQ46gHcHKFXoxMQ.jpg
    6zLfg3lmQ46gHcHKFXoxMQ.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 97
  • gOcl90uiRpWgL43STxpgCw.jpg
    gOcl90uiRpWgL43STxpgCw.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 102
  • NKr0ROthTPCZCchJyP6Lng.jpg
    NKr0ROthTPCZCchJyP6Lng.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 103

Forum statistics

Threads