Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

Frankly, I think they should forgive you the difference if it was their mistake.
Considering the costs associated with shipping products between Australia and the U.S. are almost equal to the price difference between the two hats, I also thought that would be the simplest resolution. And that's exactly what happened. I received a response this afternoon from Trudi at Hats Direct. She thanked my for my honesty, admitted she had made the "simple mistake" herself, and that I should "Shape the hat to your liking and please accept this upgrade from us without further charge." To my mind, that's good business. Hats Direct has treated me well on every purchase, and this just reinforces my belief that they're worth doing business with.

Thanks! I still need to shape the crown. Sorting out the aforementioned mistake caused some delay, and my wife came home from work Friday night with a cold so I've been taking care of her all weekend. Life is what happens to us while we're making other plans. [huh]

That's good to hear, Alex. I've only heard good word on them. Glad it worked out. Now let's see some pix!
Okay, here's one:

MG_Fed_IV_01_zpsensxqqhw.jpg

More photos and long-winded ramblings here in the "I Love the Fed IV!!" thread. :D

Fed in a Fedora

Practically Family
My Regency Fawn Adventurer (EA's version of the Fed IV) was shipped Monday. Waiting just got that much harder. EA generally takes just over a week to get hats here, but knowing that it is in the mail puts me in the pins and needles mode.

Fed

Luis

One of the Regulars
Waiting for my VS silver belly (black ribbon). Should arrive Monday. Thank you Art!!!

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
My Regency Fawn Adventurer (EA's version of the Fed IV) was shipped Monday. Waiting just got that much harder. EA generally takes just over a week to get hats here, but knowing that it is in the mail puts me in the pins and needles mode.

Fed

I've soooooooo often looked at that hat. I like it very much but was concerned abt my mortal enemy... TAPER.

ingineer

One Too Many
Bob;
My Adventurer and a squatter should be here shortly,was e-mailed the 29th, then i'll post some pics, understood the taper fear, same here.
Waiting for the CM Depp hat also

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Bob;
My Adventurer and a squatter should be here shortly,was e-mailed the 29th, then i'll post some pics, understood the taper fear, same here.
Waiting for the CM Depp hat also

Thx. Same w the Squatter. I came very close to getting one also. I'm dying to see good pics of all, esp the CM.

stratcat

One of the Regulars
I'm currently waiting for a black Fed IV and a silverbelly Campdraft. Should be here any day.
I'm planning ribbon swaps for both :D

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
I'm waiting for this one to arrive. Resistol Stagecoach. I'll be changing it up a bit when I get it. The ribbon and brim binding will be coming off. I'll reblock it and sew on a new ribbon. I'm still trying to decide what crease I want once I reblock it to open crown. I know I want the crown to be tall....

Resistol Stagecoach.
Resistol_Stagecoach.jpg

I thought about going with a crease like the one John Wayne wore in, "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance"
A_Me_wearing_John_Wayne_LV_Hat.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
That's very cool Terry, I believe Joao has one just like it. There is a black version currently for sale in an antique mall, just up the road from here.

I'm looking forward to seeing how you make it look.

DOGMAN

One Too Many
Waiting on my 3rd Akubra, Carbon Grey Fed IV.I ordered the hat on the 29th.I have a Campdraft,and a David Morgan Adventurer.I'm curious to compare the Adventurer to Fed IV.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
That's very cool Terry, I believe Joao has one just like it. There is a black version currently for sale in an antique mall, just up the road from here.

I'm looking forward to seeing how you make it look.

Thanks David. I want a tall crown, but I'm hoping the 6 1/2 inches open crown on that Stagecoach isn't "too" tall for that kind of crease. I'm pretty sure I'll go with a thin ribbon with either an OR style bow or a campaign style bow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner