Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

Waiting on this Mayser, probably mid 1950s. Sorry for the poor quality auction photos.

21710619490_2e65f18fbc_b.jpg

21908360561_b0a947fed3_b.jpg

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
Waiting for a Glen Grey Snowy River, a sand Coober Pedy and a new Safari in tawny, gave mine to a good friend, from Sam at EA !!

And a custom made Milan straw in cocoa from Peters bros...

Cant wait to get them all

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

I am waiting for two hats from Mike at Northwest Hats. A beaver Pecan fedora, and a rabbit Granite almost stingy brim 2". Hopefully with his shop open the wait time will decrease.

ofcoursemyhorse

Practically Family
I know what you mean, I've managed to find some great color variants in velour and long hair finishes but the majority are the stock black. The variety in finish between countries really is amazing though.

I look forward to comparing both American and Canadian made up against the French and German made ones. The Huckels I own have a clear edge on the Flechets despite their outstanding quality.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
I know what you mean, I've managed to find some great color variants in velour and long hair finishes but the majority are the stock black. The variety in finish between countries really is amazing though.

I look forward to comparing both American and Canadian made up against the French and German made ones. The Huckels I own have a clear edge on the Flechets despite their outstanding quality.

Absolutely! There are drastic differences between the finish of various hat manufactures in different countries. I have noticed even in early American velours, there is quite a bit of difference between companies. Its hard to tell who made those various velour bodies for the American companies because many were actually made by German/Austrian companies. The Austrians/Germans always made the best velour/long hair bodies in my opinion. The several Huckels I have owned were on another level all together. I bought a very large 1930's Huckel Seal velour once and honestly, the finish was the best I have ever seen. It was the stuff that dreams were made of.

MaddHatter

New in Town
199d59671f6639645d7665e513b774da.jpg

Waiting on this $60 job from Baileys of Hollywood...should work nicely for something to beat around in [emoji12] especially when my kids grab my hat with their chocolate covered mitts! [emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

verdeo

New in Town
Received my Stetson Racine from Jeff at Delmonico Hatters today, natural with brass ribbon. It is more spectacular than I thought it would be, as I am getting comfortable with it this evening. However, as I'm new to this forum stuff, can't quite figure out how to post photos. I am working on it though.

Am wondering if I use Flickr, can I use that as a link?

Gary

verdeo

New in Town
Jaavadave,

I think I have a couple of pics up, but I am thrilled to death about this Racine. It is very subtle with the brass ribbon setting it off to my liking.

Gary -- if you click on the curved arrow to the lower right (on Flickr) and then on the BBCode link you will be shown a highlighted URL to copy and post here. I trim it down to just the info between the IMG tags.

It would look like this before you post it (but with the open and close bracket on either end)

img]https://farm1.staticflickr.com/715/21989552521_de23bf8da1_z.jpg[/img

and then show your imbedded image after you post it.

21989552521_de23bf8da1_z.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW