Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

Strapped-4-Cache

One Too Many
Just snagged this "Resistal" out of the bay. No other bidders, so I got it for about $40 with shipping. Might have been able to find a nicer hat at a better price, but I'm needing either a black or silver western soon and this one appealed to me.

Looks like the band is set up for a women's hat, but that's a simple fix.

Resistol1_zpsoeqgx8xx.jpg

Resistol2_zps80v8s1rk.jpg

Resistol3_zpsovtncqp4.jpg

Resistol4_zpsvkurx94d.jpg

The Resistol looks nice. The horsehair band is probably not attached - you can loosen it, turn the tails any way you like and then snug up. They'll look good to the side or to the back of the hat. Enjoy!

I went on a buying spree and I am waiting for;
2 tweed Newsboys from Amicharnel
1 linen " "
1 Beaver fedora from NW hats in Pecan
1 Rabbit shorter brim from NW hats in Granite.
The caps are enroute and Mike said this month for his fedoras. These are my first bespoke hats and I am very excited.

Lt.hats

A-List Customer
I'm waiting on a 20x fedora in smoke from Rands Custom hats in Billings Montana. I was fitted in September and it should be here sometime in December. I've already started bugging the mail carrier, she knows when I'm expecting a hat and cringes when she sees me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Motorcyclist

Familiar Face
Waiting on an Akubra Tablelands... It shipped from Australia on 11/2 and tracking shows it made it to NY on 11/5 but it still hasn't made it to my door...

Well, I just got off the phone with Jeff @ DelMonico. The Light Gray Stetsonian I ordered in mid-April is reportedly finishing production and they're going to try to get it on the truck to go to CT today. With any luck, my interminable wait for a new Stetson is almost over. I had previously spoken with Mr. DelMonico on 10/6, as he informed me the hat that had come in was not up to snuff, quality-wise, so I told him not to send it. Hopefully, this one will meet their quality standards and make it to my doorstep, likely by Thanksgiving, which is also my birthday. So, I unwittingly bought my own birthday present in April!

I do have to admit, however, that this delay and the waiting has been a big disappointment. Not to disparage DelMonico; heck, thanks to them, I didn't wind up with a hat on my doorstep that wouldn't pass muster. That 6-8 week wait, however, dragged on far too long to be called good business on Stetson's part.

I hope I'm as happy with my Stetsonian as Moon and the others are with theirs. I can't shake a feeling of dissatisfaction here, though, with the process.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner