Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Well, I just got off the phone with Jeff @ DelMonico. The Light Gray Stetsonian I ordered in mid-April is reportedly finishing production and they're going to try to get it on the truck to go to CT today. With any luck, my interminable wait for a new Stetson is almost over. I had previously spoken with Mr. DelMonico on 10/6, as he informed me the hat that had come in was not up to snuff, quality-wise, so I told him not to send it. Hopefully, this one will meet their quality standards and make it to my doorstep, likely by Thanksgiving, which is also my birthday. So, I unwittingly bought my own birthday present in April!

I do have to admit, however, that this delay and the waiting has been a big disappointment. Not to disparage DelMonico; heck, thanks to them, I didn't wind up with a hat on my doorstep that wouldn't pass muster. That 6-8 week wait, however, dragged on far too long to be called good business on Stetson's part.

I hope I'm as happy with my Stetsonian as Moon and the others are with theirs. I can't shake a feeling of dissatisfaction here, though, with the process.

I have full faith that you will be very satisfied

and my B day is the 27th

I knew we were kindred spirits by more than our hat size and music tastes

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Waiting on an Akubra Tablelands... It shipped from Australia on 11/2 and tracking shows it made it to NY on 11/5 but it still hasn't made it to my door...
It could spend 2+
Well, I just got off the phone with Jeff @ DelMonico. The Light Gray Stetsonian I ordered in mid-April is reportedly finishing production and they're going to try to get it on the truck to go to CT today. With any luck, my interminable wait for a new Stetson is almost over. I had previously spoken with Mr. DelMonico on 10/6, as he informed me the hat that had come in was not up to snuff, quality-wise, so I told him not to send it. Hopefully, this one will meet their quality standards and make it to my doorstep, likely by Thanksgiving, which is also my birthday. So, I unwittingly bought my own birthday present in April!

I do have to admit, however, that this delay and the waiting has been a big disappointment. Not to disparage DelMonico; heck, thanks to them, I didn't wind up with a hat on my doorstep that wouldn't pass muster. That 6-8 week wait, however, dragged on far too long to be called good business on Stetson's part.

I hope I'm as happy with my Stetsonian as Moon and the others are with theirs. I can't shake a feeling of dissatisfaction here, though, with the process.
Hopefully they'll send you a nice hat and Delmonico will think so too. Happy Birthday in advance! Color sounds really great.

Strapped-4-Cache

One Too Many
I told myself that I wasn't going to purchase any hats for a while since storage is becoming a bit problematic. I should have known better. My brother posted a recent picture which prompted several comments about his need to be in full confederate battle dress since he's allowed his beard to grow out. He even commented to me that he might enjoy a nice fedora.

The comments prompted me to go on the hunt for an affordable substitute for a proper confederate slouch hat. Found a fairly nice candidate for a good price and it will soon me on its way to me. Now I just need to find some decent hat cords to add to it. This will be the first time in more years than I can remember that I'm excited to give my brother his birthday present.

Dynafelt_1.jpg

Dynafelt_2.jpg

Dynafelt_3.jpg

Redshoes51

One of the Regulars
I ordered a Boss of the Plains hat from Timothy Bender... It's a birthday present to me...

Seems to be a great deal of that happening around here...

~shoes~

Reactions: RJR

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Made a sweet deal on this 3X Resistol. It's another boring Silverbelly, though. But, I couldn't pass up the price. I'll do a little work on this one.

Resistol_3_X.jpg
Well it certainly has no bullet holes in it..so yes..you need to "excite it up" but you have a way of doing some super nice work..it will look great! Hello also....haha!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner