Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

DanO

One of the Regulars
Waiting on two coming soon

First from Hurricane Jack

Strat.JPG

Second a Panama for next year from PHD
Panama.jpg

31 Model A

A-List Customer
I just order this Stetson Panama in one size larger hoping that a spacer will work. All sold out on my size and I like only this Panama. Stetson Temple in color natural.

View attachment 136075
My Panama arrived today, spacers worked fine. Today is the 1st day of Fall. I'm sure there will be a few occasions to wear it before it snows. :D

Telemaster

One of the Regulars
Time to learn the wife work-around protocols!
B

Yeah.... when I buy stuff over here that’s easy. One here, another there... she asks “hey, is that a new hat” and I answer “what this old thing?”

That’s easy. But most of the thin ribbons I like don’t really make it over the pond. I buy them in the states and have them shipped to my folks. They wait there until I come over or my father collects and ships to me. Either way, it’s a sudden pile of hats that arrive all together. That’s tough to explain.

Greetings all:
Since i’m here i confess to a hat purchase!! Someone asked me about a hat and looking at the hat and shop....well i found this!!
Yea, it happened again!
NO man could have resisted this baby’s Siren Song!! View attachment 135968 View attachment 135969 View attachment 135970 View attachment 135971
B
A bump like that in the road and it's easy to fall off the wagon:) I wonder what the mermaids were singing though. Sirens are supposed to look like this:
Bilibin_sirin_bi.JPG

I dunno; somehow less alluring (but that's why their singing voices were so great):D

Bill Hughes

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I may have jumped the gun on this hat. I usually either wear a snug 7 1/4 or a 7 1/8 and stretch it a bit. This is a 7 3/8 that I hope to either shrink a bit or shim. I don't mind a shim as long as it's not too much. Anyway it looks to be pretty pristine from the 40s. But the main reason I decided to take the chance is it has a 3" brim according to the seller.

I have a nice 50s Stetson with a 2 1/2" brim that I think is just a bit to narrow for me. That is the last picture. So I am hoping to upgrade.
il_fullxfull.1677373893_k6xi.jpg
il_fullxfull.1629946146_hkxl.jpg
il_fullxfull.1677374893_j9bq.jpg
il_fullxfull.1677375713_swm2.jpg
il_fullxfull.1629949630_mdyv.jpg
il_fullxfull.1629950434_i0xc.jpg

This is the 50s Stetson I am wanting to replace. I think the brim is a bit narrow for me.
IMG_3541.JPG

I may have jumped the gun on this hat. I usually either wear a snug 7 1/4 or a 7 1/8 and stretch it a bit. This is a 7 3/8 that I hope to either shrink a bit or shim. I don't mind a shim as long as it's not too much. Anyway it looks to be pretty pristine from the 40s. But the main reason I decided to take the chance is it has a 3" brim according to the seller.

I have a nice 50s Stetson with a 2 1/2" brim that I think is just a bit to narrow for me. That is the last picture. So I am hoping to upgrade. View attachment 137097 View attachment 137098 View attachment 137099 View attachment 137100 View attachment 137101 View attachment 137102

This is the 50s Stetson I am wanting to replace. I think the brim is a bit narrow for me.
View attachment 137103
It will be interesting to see if you can make this 3/8" work. I have not had luck with shims, many can handle this, it bugs me. Always messing with the fit of them. Sure is a nice old 50s Stetson though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner