Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
I'll be waiting for this... I bided 5m before end but no one raised it.
20180923buy.jpg

~1965 - early 1970's Stetson 3X OR still in the 1965 Centennial box. Not sure how long Stetson used those boxes but I see signs that place the hat in that range. The Picker who bought the hat at an estate sale says it is dark gray & it probably is but I'm hoping it's black, just dusty & underexposed in the pic. Maybe it will be close in color to BB's Levine Beaver 20; either way I'm a happy man to get it.

IMG_8947.JPG

IMG_8950.JPG

IMG_8949.JPG

Wyldkarma

One Too Many
I may have jumped the gun on this hat. I usually either wear a snug 7 1/4 or a 7 1/8 and stretch it a bit. This is a 7 3/8 that I hope to either shrink a bit or shim. I don't mind a shim as long as it's not too much. Anyway it looks to be pretty pristine from the 40s. But the main reason I decided to take the chance is it has a 3" brim according to the seller.

I have a nice 50s Stetson with a 2 1/2" brim that I think is just a bit to narrow for me. That is the last picture. So I am hoping to upgrade. View attachment 137097 View attachment 137098 View attachment 137099 View attachment 137100 View attachment 137101 View attachment 137102

This is the 50s Stetson I am wanting to replace. I think the brim is a bit narrow for me.
View attachment 137103
Good call Bill, I'm also a 7 1/4 but a really "round" head, not oval. I have also started buying 7 3/8th hats and have had some good luck. I have some 7 1/8 ones that I stretched a bit, but don't like doing that, my 7 3/8" Stetsons fit okay, a bit looser but no need for shims yet. They just sit a little lower on my head and I actually like how they fit. I did buy one 1960's vtg Resistol 100 that was a like new gorgeous hat and a steal of a buy at $90, I did have to put spacers in that one and it looks and fits pretty well. Good luck with it. ;)

Wyldkarma

One Too Many
Seems I found a new hatter / tailor in Austin that I did not know existed. He does custom hat orders and makes them all in his shop. Stopped by his shop and WOW, he's got some nice stuff in there.....I do think his clothing items are a bit pricey, I don't need a $250 shirt or a $900 sport coat, but his hats are reasonable. Soooooooo, here is what I am waiting on now. Dark Moss Green Dutch Lemming brim 2 3/4" crown 4 1/2" with snap brim. Prices for a hat are around $449 rabbit / beaver and $549 pure beaver. I really like the looks of the liners too. He does mail order too with his online shop: https://bykowskitailorgarb.com/

DutchLemming_VictorianEdwardian1800_s1900_sFrontierFedoraHat_BYH0040_04.jpg
DutchLemming_VictorianEdwardian1800_s1900_sFrontierFedoraHat_BYH0040_07.jpg
DutchLemming_VictorianEdwardian1800_s1900_sFrontierFedoraHat_BYH0040_09.jpg

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Way to go Jack! Black or dark gray, both are nice! Anything other than silverbelly is hard to find in the larger sizes, and with the box! Glad to see you get it!
~1965 - early 1970's Stetson 3X OR still in the 1965 Centennial box. Not sure how long Stetson used those boxes but I see signs that place the hat in that range. The Picker who bought the hat at an estate sale says it is dark gray & it probably is but I'm hoping it's black, just dusty & underexposed in the pic. Maybe it will be close in color to BB's Levine Beaver 20; either way I'm a happy man to get it.

View attachment 138287

View attachment 138289

View attachment 138288

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

View attachment 138287

View attachment 138289

View attachment 138288

I hope it's black as well, HJ. That way I can live vicariously through you, plus that way I'll know they exist outside of a Krylon can.

Glad to see you get that one Jack! Looking forward to your report and some head shots.

Tukwila

Seems I found a new hatter / tailor in Austin that I did not know existed. He does custom hat orders and makes them all in his shop. Stopped by his shop and WOW, he's got some nice stuff in there.....I do think his clothing items are a bit pricey, I don't need a $250 shirt or a $900 sport coat, but his hats are reasonable. Soooooooo, here is what I am waiting on now. Dark Moss Green Dutch Lemming brim 2 3/4" crown 4 1/2" with snap brim. Prices for a hat are around $449 rabbit / beaver and $549 pure beaver. I really like the looks of the liners too. He does mail order too with his online shop: https://bykowskitailorgarb.com/

View attachment 138292 View attachment 138293 View attachment 138294
It's great to have a hatter within driving distance. I like the look of some of his hats. Of interest are the bespoke suits that come with a pistol!

Desert dog

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner