Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

Jedi5150

Familiar Face
Mine won't be a surprise for anyone following the Akubra Overload thread, but as of today I'm waiting for an Akubra "Lightning Ridge", in Sand color. It has shipped and should get to me in just a couple days. :)

In addition, I'm waiting for a couple of 7-fold puggarees from Lawrance Ordnance. Coming from Australia, those will take much longer to get to me.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
E8894CDB-E7DA-4F59-AC24-EBF22F3673DC.jpeg
I grew up in New York:

View attachment 139515

http://www.one2miniranch.com/stetson-new-york-100-beaver-open-crown-fedora-hat/

Going to wear an Arizona hat when I move back to New Mexico in a few months:

View attachment 139516

I think my Texas boots will go with either

View attachment 139517
Jonesy:
I got behind replying but i want to say this Arizona hat?? Is absolutely outfrigginasskickinstanding!! Color, curl, brim width, ribbon, all put together=don’t touch my perfect hat!!
Yeah, i like it whatever it is and it’d go well with my Antique Steer!! Lol
B

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 140566
Jonesy:
I got behind replying but i want to say this Arizona hat?? Is absolutely outfrigginasskickinstanding!! Color, curl, brim width, ribbon, all put together=don’t touch my perfect hat!!
Yeah, i like it whatever it is and it’d go well with my Antique Steer!! Lol
B
Thanks Bowen,
I was trying to work up specs. to commission a custom hat based roughly on some Vintage Borsalinos. In shopping around and through discussions on TFL I decided to go with the Stetson New York which was very similar to the specs. I had decided on. I spoke with Rick @humanshoes about making a custom hat, and asked for his recommendations based on my current collection, and taking into account my obsession with leather jackets. He recommended his Arizona and the more I studied Dress Western hats the more I liked the idea. I have a few months wait and nothing is decided as far as color, but I like Rick's sensibilities, and value your input as well. I hope to learn more about this hat as DH has one in the works ahead of me.

Peace

David

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ