Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
I definitely remember seeing your panama post when I was searching for background information regarding Brodt's. I've found it rather enjoyable reading and learning about these independent hat shops.

Thanks for posting those other homburgs for reference. That Cavanagh is stunning with that ribbon and binding treatment. I see you just listed it for sale, but alas, too small for me. Someone will be getting a great hat. GLWS!
Another acronym. What is GLWS?

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Another hemp incoming.
OpenRoadHemp1__41055.1469901948.1280.1280.JPG

Made in the USA by Stetson the Open Road is a classic design available in natural and sage. Constructed of Natural Woven Hemp straw it has a 5" (4 1/4 at front crease) regular oval crown and 2 3/4" brim. Features include a Sheepskin sweatband and brown grosgrain ribbon band with Stetson pin.

Ships with a Stetson box.

nvilletele

One of the Regulars
I come back to the site here after a brief absence, and I have already bought 3 new hats. Then I ordered two more today.

Re the Lucca hat discussed above, I tried to switch to Natural color but too late. Oh well, cocoa is ok too.

New ones just ordered are from Hats in the Belfry. By the way, now there is 40% off sale hats (maybe all hats?) if you use the code Sale40. That code sent only to their email list, otherwise their site says 30% off with Sale30 code.

Here’s one of the latest, a Biltmore wool teardrop crown cowboy hat, the “Burns”

EBD69ECE-CECC-44BD-BAEF-055615B2FCE0.jpeg
C31D0906-CF86-4989-BE3F-76D23DD4C063.jpeg
64A04BF8-1F9D-4C26-8A8B-D05E8DEEBC0C.jpeg

1967Cougar390

Practically Family
I’ve been kicking around ideas on a gray felt hat. I was looking for something that could be a year round felt but I was reluctant to purchase a high end felt hat sight unseen. I decided to purchase a gray Silver Canyon outback style hat. It has a 3 inch brim which is larger than the 2 1/2” brims I usually wear. If I don’t feel comfortable with it when it arrives I’ll start a conversion like I did with my navy Black Creek hat. Overall I like it in the pictures except the feathers, those will be the first thing to go.
5CDDB81D-652C-470E-9860-67F415D3F745.jpeg

Steven

Awaiting two eBay scores from the weekend. First, this 50s Dobbs, winging it's way from Penzance, UK. Assuming it escapes the clutches of singing pirates.

View attachment 153009 View attachment 153010

Also got lucky on an offer I made for this reportedly lightly worn 150th Anniversary Stetsonian in Tawny (Kitaen).

View attachment 153012

Very nice. I have it on good authority that they have a guy who’s the very model of a modern major general who is overseeing hat shipments; pirates shouldn’t be an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

We'll miss you Fruno. Say "hi" to Bob.

Nice hats BTW. Congrats!

Hee-hee! Thanks, Bob!

Very nice. I have it on good authority that they have a guy who’s the very model of a modern major general who is overseeing hat shipments; pirates shouldn’t be an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I was hoping as much. Thanks, Brent! With these things being discontinued, and now with Hatco walking away from the Deckard OCs, I am thrilled to get my hands on this one. Now for a Caribou...

Awaiting two eBay scores from the weekend. First, this 50s Dobbs, winging it's way from Penzance, UK. Assuming it escapes the clutches of singing pirates.

Also got lucky on an offer I made for this reportedly lightly worn 150th Anniversary Stetsonian in Tawny (Kitaen).

View attachment 153012
I love the felt on my two 150th Stetsonians and if a Tawny ever presents itself in my size I am a buyer. Should I admit to knowing the Kitaen reference?

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up

View attachment 153012
I had my eye on that Dobbs, but I decided it really looks a lot like this Knox Forty I have.
2f4afaada9bc5c06ac101f78c51bfc33.jpg

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider