Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

It will take a while, but it's going to be different (for me anyway).
buck5-jpg.335329

I'm thrilled to see that you won that one Stefan! Can't wait to see you wearing it. Congrats!

Ep-dkYfUwAIb_2g

Mystery hat ... (no size, no brand, no other photos -- I think I have a problem)

1. img.axd
Maybe we should start a poll, guessing what model and brand it is and what size. It will probably show us that all this obsessing with details, proportions and finishings of hats doesn't mean all that much, because even we can't tell. The rbim binding isn't one we see commonly on American hats, so could be European, even if the crown seems too tall to be European. Interesting.

Maybe we should start a poll, guessing what model and brand it is and what size. It will probably show us that all this obsessing with details, proportions and finishings of hats doesn't mean all that much, because even we can't tell. The rbim binding isn't one we see commonly on American hats, so could be European, even if the crown seems too tall to be European. Interesting.

Whatever you're seeing about the brim binding is eluding me. Can you please elaborate?

Whatever you're seeing about the brim binding is eluding me. Can you please elaborate?
To my eye it looks like this one:
hückel chevreau_02.jpg

A very narrow brim binding folded over itself and stitched from the bottom. Brim bindings on most American brand hats are usually like the one that's visible in the picture that Joe posted of the Bantam. Could be I'm not seeing it right of course and just need to clean my glasses.:)

To my eye it looks like this one:
View attachment 336756

A very narrow brim binding folded over itself and stitched from the bottom. Brim bindings on most American brand hats are usually like the one that's visible in the picture that Joe posted of the Bantam. Could be I'm not seeing it right of course and just need to clean my glasses.:)

I have a couple of US made hats with that feature - Mallory Commander comes to mind. I don't see the extra row of stitching, but I'm not on a full size screen, either.

I have a couple of US made hats with that feature - Mallory Commander comes to mind. I don't see the extra row of stitching, but I'm not on a full size screen, either.

Seems that Stetsonian is that way, though now I can’t remember if the stitch was visible from the under or upper brim.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24