Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

Soon...

20210428_150804_crop_43.jpg

WonkyBloke

One of the Regulars
Six hats on the way, which for me will be hats #13 to #18. As usual for me, all modest pricing, and diverse in style.

#13 natural linen flat cap
#14 grey patchwork flat cap
#15 green denim bucket hat
#16 natural colour cotton Henley
#17 nubuck safari hat
#18 Brazilian tarp ball cap

I also have a hat stretcher coming, mainly to try and coax out a couple of felts which were bought a size too small, but also as a block to let hats dry on if they get completely sodden, so I don't need to be quite as concerned about shrinkage.

WonkyBloke

One of the Regulars
I have my first fur felt on the way!!!

I found a new Christy Foldaway on sale at half price. The colour is burgundy, which wouldn't have been my first choice, but I'll take it for that kind of discount. Olive green would have been £30 extra. Red shirts and waistcoats do tend to work really well on me, so it's worth a shot I reckon.

WonkyBloke

One of the Regulars
I have my first fur felt on the way!!!

I found a new Christy Foldaway on sale at half price. The colour is burgundy, which wouldn't have been my first choice, but I'll take it for that kind of discount. Olive green would have been £30 extra. Red shirts and waistcoats do tend to work really well on me, so it's worth a shot I reckon.

Well, it seems I'm back to playing the waiting game, that is to say waiting for another killer bargain to appear. The hat I ordered is actually sold out in the size I want, so unless they offer me the same model, in the same size, in a different colour, for the same price, the deal is off.

No huge loss. I'm not exactly desperate for a new hat. Certainly not desperate enough to pay the going rate for those items. They may well be worth that outlay, but I'm not prepared to find out just yet. I'm simply far too content with wool, cotton, and leather, and can buy three of those for the asking price of one of the other.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points