Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
It's interesting to me that the liner and sweatband would be so ornate, yet from the outside the hat's appearance is relatively plain. I like it!
That's the beauty of collecting Bowlers, among other hats. When someone in your family, for example, says "that hat looks the same as that hat", flip them over, then ask them if they look the same :cool:

Samson25

Familiar Face
Can we see it?
Yes, it is/ was new. Will post pics when this wind goes down. I am very anal about monitoring the wind conditions. I won't wear a brimmed hat if it's more than " lite wind / less than 10 Kmh.
Maybe I just need to back the liner with cork strips. Want to wear my hats much more than I have, in recent weeks here.
Can't wait to post! Also have my first custom on my head. Just got it!
I am impressed!

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Oh my goodness, not another black Bowler. "Looks like all your others!"

Actually, it doesn't, especially when you flip it over and look inside. I'm not familiar with the Belgian supplier, but the Danish hat shop, former hat maker, is on my Scandinavian Hat Makers / Shops of yore list of interest.

Screenshot_20220221-213836_Facebook.jpg Screenshot_20220221-190945_Facebook.jpg

Oh my goodness, not another black Bowler. "Looks like all your others!"

Actually, it doesn't, especially when you flip it over and look inside. I'm not familiar with the Belgian supplier, but the Danish hat shop, former hat maker, is on my Scandinavian Hat Makers / Shops of yore list of interest.

View attachment 404136 View attachment 404138
Nice find, Steve. Seems to be in great condition.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
That's part of the beauty of bowlers, they were actually designed to be worn in windy conditions, ie, horseback riding. Looking forward to seeing yours.

Yes, it is/ was new. Will post pics when this wind goes down. I am very anal about monitoring the wind conditions. I won't wear a brimmed hat if it's more than " lite wind / less than 10 Kmh.
Maybe I just need to back the liner with cork strips. Want to wear my hats much more than I have, in recent weeks here.
Can't wait to post! Also have my first custom on my head. Just got it!
I am impressed!

Crofut & Knapp
20200602_113631.jpg

A seller I've bought from before (I have yet to take pictures of those hats). But he seems to have bought the contents of an entire shop: Francesco Severino of San Remo. He had these two listed. Those must have been in that shop for a looooong time.
I'll have those, thank you very much.
ca01.jpeg
ca05.jpeg
cam01.jpeg
cam05.jpeg

Oooh, that's cool find. Can't wait to see it in full plumage!

A seller I've bought from before (I have yet to take pictures of those hats). But he seems to have bought the contents of an entire shop: Francesco Severino of San Remo. He had these two listed. Those must have been in that shop for a looooong time.
I'll have those, thank you very much. View attachment 405072

Thanks Stefan! I'll echo back that "Oooh" for these two you have coming. Wow!

Although, at first (not yet caffeinated) glance I thought the hat-stand photos were taken on a barber's floor. :oops:

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Stefan! I'll echo back that "Oooh" for these two you have coming. Wow!

Although, at first (not yet caffeinated) glance I thought the hat-stand photos were taken on a barber's floor. :oops:
Nice catches, Stefan. Can't wait to see more of those two.
Thanks, gents. It's been a long time since I've been to a barber, so it's hard for me to judge that:)
They are both Cambiaghi hats, known for their woolfelts. I will be interesting to see what these turn out to be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot