Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

You'd rock a bowler, Al.
Thank you SIr. At the very least, I'm pretty sure I'd look no better or worse in a bowler than Ian Anderson:

ZqS9AP7.jpg

Granville

One of the Regulars
Made an offer on OFAS and was surprised at the acceptance w/out a counter. Hurray for me. Unless... Not a lot of detail in the listing, but looks stingy/trilbyish, with a black Grosgrain ribbon (I think I can fix that little wrinkle); listed as dark green, and I'm hoping it is as dark as the photo, near black. "Stetson Royal" on sweat but not on tip. From looking at the threads on tip logos etc., I'm thinking early 60's, no earlier because of the size tag, no later because of the sweat logo ("John B. Stetson Company" disappears by the late sixties). Hope it's a winner, my first Stetson. When I get it in my hands I'll post in the New Hat thread and report on the color and what, if anything, is under the sweat.
StetsonProfile.jpg
StetsonTag.jpg StetsonAbove.jpg StetsonSweatLogo.jpg StetsonTipLogo.jpg

Last edited:

The Shoe

One Too Many
A shot of the exteriors ...

View attachment 406909
$6 each!?
Geez, Bob. Where do you find these? And can you find me some? Over here, you pay $100 for the name Stetson and chuck on another $50 or so for each X. And anything over 15 years old is advertised as “vintage”!
That’s why the only Stetson I have was bought from a fellow Lounger.

$6 each!?
Geez, Bob. Where do you find these? And can you find me some? Over here, you pay $100 for the name Stetson and chuck on another $50 or so for each X. And anything over 15 years old is advertised as “vintage”!
That’s why the only Stetson I have was bought from a fellow Lounger.

Thanks Gary. I have a non-disclosure agreement (with myself) about possible hat honey holes. :cool:

Two very nice catches, Bob. Congrats

Thanks Steve! It's been a fun week or so.

7 is the size, right?

Close Stefan ...

1646428206659.png

No $6 hats, but I know it’s going to be my size: :)

View attachment 407079

Thanks. The felt is Winchester’s 100% beaver and the color is steel. I didn’t get the color of the ribbon or binding. The crown ribbon is darker than gun metal, but I’m not sure of the name. I’ll have more details when I receive the hat…middle of next week I hope.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats