Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

I would not worry about your hat orders from Sterling. Stetson tells us 4 to 6 weeks we say 6 to 8 but that is not always the case some times it comes faster and some times slower. After new year's and into early spring they are focused on straw summer hats, so that is where most of there effort is. We will start to get some of our fall and winter hats from them in July so they should start to be shifting production soon.

Jeff

And thanks for jumping right on my Milan Strat. You got it out the door last night and there's a chance I'll have it tomorrow. Impressive!

JoeyC

One of the Regulars
I would not worry about your hat orders from Sterling. Stetson tells us 4 to 6 weeks we say 6 to 8 but that is not always the case some times it comes faster and some times slower. After new year's and into early spring they are focused on straw summer hats, so that is where most of there effort is. We will start to get some of our fall and winter hats from them in July so they should start to be shifting production soon.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff, that's encouraging.

Joe

hartfell

New in Town
Just ordered online the last remaining Stetson Roadster in my size from Village Hat Shop. It's in Walnut Brown. I believe they are discontinued and they have them on sale. I tried it on when I was visiting San Diego a few weeks ago and thought it was an exceptionally fine looking hat. I should have pulled the trigger then but I bought a Stetson Runabout instead and felt too much guilt to buy both! This is my third Stetson. Purchased the Premier Stratoliner a few weeks ago and it's barely been off my head since, apart from when I was wearing the Runabout!

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
Just ordered online the last remaining Stetson Roadster in my size from Village Hat Shop. It's in Walnut Brown. I believe they are discontinued
The Roadster was removed from the 2014 fall catalog. We did order enough so that they made them or us anyway. Well I guess we bought enough and other stores complained enough that the hat has made back into the Fall 2015 catalog.

Jeff

hartfell

New in Town
The Roadster was removed from the 2014 fall catalog. We did order enough so that they made them or us anyway. Well I guess we bought enough and other stores complained enough that the hat has made back into the Fall 2015 catalog.

Jeff​

Living the Dream at
DelMonico Hatter

It's such a good-looking hat. I don't know why it's not more popular.

rclark

Call Me a Cab
Just ordered online the last remaining Stetson Roadster in my size from Village Hat Shop. It's in Walnut Brown. I believe they are discontinued and they have them on sale. I tried it on when I was visiting San Diego a few weeks ago and thought it was an exceptionally fine looking hat. I should have pulled the trigger then but I bought a Stetson Runabout instead and felt too much guilt to buy both! This is my third Stetson. Purchased the Premier Stratoliner a few weeks ago and it's barely been off my head since, apart from when I was wearing the Runabout!

The Roadster is a nice hat. I replaced the leather hatband with a grosgrain ribbon on mine:

Knotten

Practically Family

Jeff

That's comforting to hear. I hope you're right. I worry, however, that their 866 number no longer seems to work and no one will return my emails.

Knotten

Practically Family
I just got an email from Sterling Leather informing me that I am being refunded in full for my order of a Stetson Grand Central in March. The email said in part, "I am so sorry that we won't be able to deliver your hat due to our orders are being on hold."

I'm glad to get the refund but very disappointed to not get the hat.

Have the rest of you gotten refunds, also?

I just got an email from Sterling Leather informing me that I am being refunded in full for my order of a Stetson Grand Central in March. The email said in part, "I am so sorry that we won't be able to deliver your hat due to our orders are being on hold."

Not yet, but based on what you're saying will probably get that email soon...:(
So, may be looking at your store, Jeff.

JoeyC

One of the Regulars

Sorry to hear that. Haven't as of yet received an email but would expect one now.

Knotten

Practically Family
Sorry to hear that. Haven't as of yet received an email but would expect one now.

You may need to email them like I did, just to make sure.

Jeff, I'll give serious consideration to your suggestion. You may not be able to match Sterling's price, but apparently they couldn't, either.

JoeyC

One of the Regulars
You may need to email them like I did, just to make sure.

Jeff, I'll give serious consideration to your suggestion. You may not be able to match Sterling's price, but apparently they couldn't, either.

While I haven't heard from Sterling, I went ahead and covered my bases by ordering one from DelMonico, ordered one size up from my usual size because they sold out in my size, no problem, I can shrink it one size if necessary. At least I know I have a hat coming, I generally receive orders from DelMonico within a day or two, so probably by Monday. Ya know, when it seems to good to be true, it usually is. For some reason I can't attach smiley( or sad ) faces any more. I must be doing something wrong.

JoeyC

One of the Regulars
While I haven't heard from Sterling, I went ahead and covered my bases by ordering one from DelMonico, ordered one size up from my usual size because they sold out in my size, no problem, I can shrink it one size if necessary. At least I know I have a hat coming, I generally receive orders from DelMonico within a day or two, so probably by Monday. Ya know, when it seems to good to be true, it usually is. For some reason I can't attach smiley( or sad ) faces any more. I must be doing something wrong.

Follow up, Jeff saw my order and pulled it, contacted me to advise me that they did indeed have one in my size and would I prefer that instead, which I do. He made the switch, so I'll be getting it in my correct size. The man is a a gem. Just wanted to give him props and the staff at DelMonico. Still no word from Sterling but if I do receive my order from them ( doubtful ), I'll bash each differently.

Hat Dandy

One of the Regulars
Received my D'acquino custom hat yesterday. I'll be posting a review in the D'acquino thread. BTW, it's a very nice hat, especially for the money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto