Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

tommyK

One Too Many
Not waiting anymore
c77de292-a520-462e-aa75-9bc00c6f43f6_zpsntupbn0n.jpg 775e133d-3780-47d8-a648-b978ad464635_zpsdyruzej4.jpg
Stetson Twenty
I'm thinking it's a factory refurb, can't make out what it says exactly but that's my guess.
7788b30f-ed12-442d-b866-7857c8980b5a_zpsgw0ukbfp.jpg
Perfect clay-like moldability. Suede like finish. Not sure if this is the final crease, doesn't matter cause it'll take and hold pretty much any shape.

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Not waiting anymore

Stetson Twenty
I'm thinking it's a factory refurb, can't make out what it says exactly but that's my guess.

Perfect clay-like moldability. Suede like finish. Not sure if this is the final crease, doesn't matter cause it'll take and hold pretty much any shape.

WOW! That's a great color combo (and I don't even like brown hats that much).

I'm thinking that might be the "Stetson Employee Factory Store Reject" stamp, see the Island of Misfit Stetsons Thread:
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?44287-The-Island-of-Misfit-Stetsons-factory-rejects

Here's a pic Buler posted:
reject_9.jpg

tommyK

One Too Many
Alan and Jlee, You guys have convinced me, it's a reject! A nice reject I'm happy to have. Thanks for the clarity.

mingoslim

Practically Family
A Stetson Excellent Stratoliner From Delmonico
A Stetson Absinthe from Sterling Leather; at least I hope I am waiting for it after what I read here.

And this eBay win from Panama Bob . . .
panama.jpg

Last edited:

cloudatlas

New in Town
A Stetson Excellent Stratoliner From Delmonico
A Stetson Absinthe from Sterling Leather; at least I hope I am waiting for it after what I read here.

And this eBay win from Panama Bob . . .
View attachment 28516
Just as an update, I contacted Sterling Leather for a status update and to say I'd be happy to keep on waiting for an excellent stratoliner, and was promptly issued a refund.

JoeyC

One of the Regulars
Update, just received my Grand Central from DelMonico. I couldn't be more pleased. The felt fells slightly thicker than my Premier Strat, the crown measures exactly 5 1/2", the brim exactly 2 3/8". the under-welt stitching is flawless as is the sweat stitching. It's marked Royal DeLuxe Stetson on the sweat. The fit for me is right on at 7 1/8. The ribbon medallion is easily removed, the ribbon width is 1 3/4" chocolate brown. Liner is white satin with gold logo. Fairly easy to bash but I like using steam. I'm going to keep waiting a while longer but, not too long to see what happens with my Sterling order.

Knotten

Practically Family
Joey,
I'd love to see pics of your Grand Central. Jeff, I decided to order a Milan Strat from your shop, instead, seeing as how summer is coming. I'll get the GC closer to fall.

JoeyC

One of the Regulars
Joey,
I'd love to see pics of your Grand Central. Jeff, I decided to order a Milan Strat from your shop, instead, seeing as how summer is coming. I'll get the GC closer to fall.

Kotten, I first have to learn how to post pictures, old dinosaur.

KingAndrew

A-List Customer
Currently waiting on:
Excellent Strat in Sage from Delmonico
Mallory felt custom from Art Fawcett

Considering:
Boss Raw Edge
Grand Central
Maybe one of those Stetson 150th derbies (has anyone seen or handled one?)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points