Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
I'm not sure, that the block is the problem. Joao probably bought a capeline, style A or B (FEPSA designations). Both have pretty small crowns.
Bob's suggestion to sacrifice some brim width is probably the solution(?)

You are right, the block is not the problem (it's high enough for a 7" crown ;)) and this felt is an "A block" from FEPSA (4,5" crown height).
For more crown I have to loose a bit of brim but I still don't know if I'll do it since this was just to test the block if it's my size (and it is!).
I think those red felts (FEPSA made the same felt but in purple) were made for a folkclore group or a "brotherhood group" since those groups wear low open crowned hats.

Lose a bit of the brim is a given. But he can get some more length out of that crown without any difficulties. Smooth out the top and he has 1,5cm extra length.
Yes, I need to reblock it again because I don't want a "so round" crown. Maybe I can get some more crown.

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
I think those red felts (FEPSA made the same felt but in purple) were made for a folkclore group or a "brotherhood group" since those groups wear low open crowned hats.
Not necessarily. I believe they sell a lot of A- and B-crowns to milliners - and they also supply uniform hat makers.

Anyway, with a furry white ribbon, no beard-cutting and a little chlorine you are set for a Western Christmas right there, Santa ;)

No, I'll be looking forward to see and hear more about your progress. Looks good for now, but I agree with Esther, that you should smoothen out the top. Keep up the good work, Joao ;)

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Not necessarily. I believe they sell a lot of A- and B-crowns to milliners - and they also supply uniform hat makers.

Anyway, with a furry white ribbon, no beard-cutting and a little chlorine you are set for a Western Christmas right there, Santa ;)

No, I'll be looking forward to see and hear more about your progress. Looks good for now, but I agree with Esther, that you should smoothen out the top. Keep up the good work, Joao ;)
I do have a western in red (wool), I do not need another one :)
I tried this one because it's a 130gr felt. I have another but it is 225gr probably harder to work with.
I'll try my best. ;)

Not sure which thread to post this in but received an email from JJ Hats that all their felt hats are 30% off. Did not check their shipping costs but with the discount it is the cheapest I have seen a Stetsonion lately.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
This is how it is now drying with a 4.5" crown.
20160415red.jpg

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Is there a code?

Code is FEDORA at check out , 30% off all felt Hats ! That's a Nice Discount ! I checked , even though they're high , a $245 Hat will be $171.50 . Math $24.50 (10%) X 3 = (30%) $73.50 OFF ! ... on line orders only .

I checked their site and it didn't mention it , but I got the email . Might show at Check Out , might not .

... I forgot to mention , good through the 21st of April . I'll go look to make sure , 21st is what it was . .

Last edited:

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Well, Bud it is a 7 1/4 but if the measurements are correct it's closer to a 3/8. If I doesn't fit, do you know any 7 1/4's? :rolleyes:

Talk about a line forming!

Lemme cogitate on that. I'll come up with an answer soon.

I'll get inline on that action , I'm 58.5 cm , big 7 1/4 or a small 7 3/8 , or they're loose . But I don't have a 7 1/4 anything , or anything you would want . But I could get it . :cool:

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Yeah, you gotta apply that code at checkout.

...and now I'm waiting on Boss Raw Edge.

natura2_1024x1024.jpg

I've been pining over that hat for so long, and this is supposedly "vintage" undyed felt. Deckard calls it the 1800's reissue on instagram...since its special edition for the 150th, plus 30% off, I'd have been stupid not to buy it, right?

Yeah, you gotta apply that code at checkout.

...and now I'm waiting on Boss Raw Edge.

I've been pining over that hat for so long, and this is supposedly "vintage" undyed felt. Deckard calls it the 1800's reissue on instagram...since its special edition for the 150th, plus 30% off, I'd have been stupid not to buy it, right?

Vintage, eh? I didn't realize they were saying that. Very interested in hearing your review of the felt quality.

I wonder if they're sitting on any more vintage felt? And what the vintage is, of course.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters