Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Waiting on this NIB Mist Resistol 20X 5 Star , ETA : Tuesday 10/11 ...

s-l1600.jpg

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
I'm wearing a black-ish Hawaiian shirt today, despite the rain. I'll top it off with the black Stetson Downs (and the Outback oilskin "Kodiak" on the back seat in case of torrential downpour) :)

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
I'm awaiting a custom beaver fedora from Northwest Hats. It's coming UPS slow boat and won't be here for a few days. A classic style seen in countless late twenties and early thirties films and pictures: pale gray, wide black ribbon, straight sides with just a center dent, 2-5/8 bound brim. Mike sent me this picture last week:

small.jpg

This is my first custom hat after fifty years of hat obsession - I'm very psyched!

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
I'm awaiting a custom beaver fedora from Northwest Hats. It's coming UPS slow boat and won't be here for a few days. A classic style seen in countless late twenties and early thirties films and pictures: pale gray, wide black ribbon, straight sides with just a center dent, 2-5/8 bound brim. Mike sent me this picture last week:

View attachment 57901

This is my first custom hat after fifty years of hat obsession - I'm very psyched!
Oooh, wow, I really like that.

Bigger Don

Practically Family
Found this Christy's Adventurer on Etsy yesterday at a price where I'm willing to try my hand at turning a slightly shrunk 7 5/8 into a 7 5/8 XLO. May even change the ribbon to something in a muted gold...HS colors and all that jazz. Thought it might be a hoot
upload_2016-10-10_12-52-57.png

Still waiting for my Gus Miller bespoke, and the waiting probably put me over the edge for my first on-line semi-vintage purchase.

Very nice, Doctor. It does, indeed, have that classic look!

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Found this Christy's Adventurer on Etsy yesterday at a price where I'm willing to try my hand at turning a slightly shrunk 7 5/8 into a 7 5/8 XLO. May even change the ribbon to something in a muted gold...HS colors and all that jazz. Thought it might be a hoot
View attachment 57908

Still waiting for my Gus Miller bespoke, and the waiting probably put me over the edge for my first on-line semi-vintage purchase.
The long oval will work for you with plenty of steam on the brim all around the hat and plenty where the brim meets the crown and a hat jack....I have to do that all the time for Daniel, as his hats are all long oval and so are mine! Then prepare to have to use your steam iron on the brim.....to get the "wonky" out of it..

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here

View attachment 57901

Mike knocks another one out of the park! That a nice looking lid!

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up

View attachment 57901

What are the odds? Mike just sent me an email, too. Will go to Eugene Saturday to pick this up! He sent me this teaser...

i-VrfgZ3X-L.jpg

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, RJR! I saw Redfokker's 1942 Rose Bowl Hat in person when Mrs Fed and I visited him awhile back. This is pretty close to what Red has, but I want to start with a center crease like the good Doctor posted above. Red's has a classic teardrop crease.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL