Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

489B16EF-7AD9-4740-9FB8-37CC1EBDAE62.png

GHT

I'll Lock Up
This should get someone's attention over here.
View attachment 435947 View attachment 435948
You are not wrong, Stefan. Metric is not a mode of measure that I can take to, but with US & UK hat sizes differing, I find that a metric 62cm a perfect fit. I don't know if that 62 that you are showing with an imperial seven & a half is US or UK, if was UK it would definitely be, seven and three quarters.

In the meantime I am stepping out of my fedora comfort zone and hoping to buy a vintage Yorks Boater, circa 1950's. It's in fair condition for it's vintage. Sturdy and clean a good sweatband and I love the hat ribbon & crest. There is some staining and slight damage to the brim at the back, but not that noticeable.
Photos to follow.
Check out the blazer thread to see what I intend to team it up with.

You are not wrong, Stefan. Metric is not a mode of measure that I can take to, but with US & UK hat sizes differing, I find that a metric 62cm a perfect fit. I don't know if that 62 that you are showing with an imperial seven & a half is US or UK, if was UK it would definitely be, seven and three quarters.

In the meantime I am stepping out of my fedora comfort zone and hoping to buy a vintage Yorks Boater, circa 1950's. It's in fair condition for it's vintage. Sturdy and clean a good sweatband and I love the hat ribbon & crest. There is some staining and slight damage to the brim at the back, but not that noticeable.
Photos to follow.
Check out the blazer thread to see what I intend to team it up with.
I had forgotten you were a size 62 as well, Robert. Shame on me. The size 7 1/2 is neither UK nor US, but the French sizing. I think you'd wear a boater very well, but I can see wearing one would take some getting used to without being self-conscious.

Thanks Brent. Looks like it will be more like 7-1/4 to 7-3/8.
Yes, I was interested too and asked for the measurements.....they added those two photos......I figured I already hat way to many smallish hats.......:confused:

But I did end up with this as a sort of consolation prize......
img (7).jpeg

:)

Last edited:
Congrats Mark! I was in on that one early, but decided I had enough silverbelly ORs or clones. This one looks brand new!
Yes, it does LOOK new in the pictures.....will be interested to see how it actually turns out. In any event it was reasonable enough for a modern one. I really don't like the low crown on them but what the heck.....my next purchase will be a Campdraft in Sand (or what ever they call it).....I like the color , slight contrast ribbon work and of course the higher open crown! I have one of the blue grass green and love it!!!!

As an aside, I was pondering about UPC barcodes on our hats and ran the one for this 4X OR. Turns out Stetson STILL is using the same exact code for their 6X OR. Makes one wonder if they really changed the felt at all, or simply re-designated the 4X to 6X.:confused:

(I really dislike them calling the "Buffalo Fur" hats 4X. :mad: 4X and even 3X actually meant you had an above average hat back in the day. Certainly not true now.....)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko