Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

Speaking of Panamas. I spaced out the end of this auction. Is anyone here waiting for them?

1680282624081.png

These photos were not on the auction, but send to me in an email.

Looks like a Hopkins Panama in 7-1/4 LO and a Dobbs Westward (?).

Lost_Panamas_1_S.jpg

And another nice old Panama.

Lost_Panamas_2_S.jpg

I'm kicking myself over it.

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3348140624...can0sdqtpg&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Got this today.
Looks old. Maybe.
It’s a rare foreign brand from Belgium, and I don’t know a thing about it.
It’s a size 7 1/4. After the purchase I asked the seller to send pics of head opening measurements.
After doing a search it seems Stefan and Alan has a hat apiece of this brand.
It’s black and looks to have a 2 1/4” , maybe 2 1/2” brim; so nothing too spectacular?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3348140624...can0sdqtpg&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Got this today.
Looks old. Maybe.
It’s a rare foreign brand from Belgium, and I don’t know a thing about it.
It’s a size 7 1/4. After the purchase I asked the seller to send pics of head opening measurements.
After doing a search it seems Stefan and Alan has a hat apiece of this brand.
It’s black and looks to have a 2 1/4” , maybe 2 1/2” brim; so nothing too spectacular?
That is actually just spectacular enough, Randall. Superb find, as these things are rare, certainly across the pond. I have two of them and Alan has a very fine example (of course he has). You can find some info on the brand here: https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/beneluxury.102293/post-2733951

If I had to guess it's probably a lightweight hat and certainly pre-war (Vimenet ceased to exist in the war-years by the German occupation as it was Jewish owned).

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
That is actually just spectacular enough, Randall. Superb find, as these things are rare, certainly across the pond. I have two of them and Alan has a very fine example (of course he has). You can find some info on the brand here: https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/beneluxury.102293/post-2733951

If I had to guess it's probably a lightweight hat and certainly pre-war (Vimenet ceased to exist in the war-years by the German occupation as it was Jewish owned).
Thanks for the links and info, Stefan!
Spectacular for sure. Can’t wait to get my Vimenet! Yours and Alan’s are beauties having great colors.
When doing an FL search and type in a certain word or hat brand, I wonder why the search doesn’t always render every time the words/brands are mentioned?
My search didn’t lead me to any of those links and you’d think it should have.

Thanks for the links and info, Stefan!
Spectacular for sure. Can’t wait to get my Vimenet! Yours and Alan’s are beauties having great colors.
When doing an FL search and type in a certain word or hat brand, I wonder why the search doesn’t always render every time the words/brands are mentioned?
My search didn’t lead me to any of those links and you’d think it should have.
The mysteries of search engines... I tend to use google for searching, just adding the "+fedora lounge" to whatever I'm looking for. Very curious to see more of that Vimenet.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Wow, when it rains, it pours. Great hats, gentlemen!

Another lottery batch. Decided not to wait for any additional info given the price.

View attachment 503514 View attachment 503515 View attachment 503516 View attachment 503517 View attachment 503518

....aaaaand it fell through already! Sale was cancelled by the seller:(

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2349546043...can0sdqtpg&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
Got this early 3X today for a $126 make offer option.
Older brother to this one I got a month ago.
Hopefully it’ll somehow automatically fit like this 7 1/8 did.
Might, sometimes it happens.
View attachment 503662 View attachment 503660

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
Still raining!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1554849092...can0sdqtpg&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

This hat was up for sale earlier today and was sold, or something, because I was upset when discovering I had just barely missed it by seconds or a few minutes.
Then Checking back only a moment ago it was back up for sale—so I jumped all over it!
Nuther 7XCB for my collection! Has a divot or two but I know a guy….

Ya know what I’ve learned a long while back?
If you continue searching eBay you will continue to buy hats; no matter how much you’d like to stop buying hats. :cool:

This goes out to any new guys who likes hats and has fortunately, but unfortunately, found this forum…and this thread.
Your fortune will take a hit.

Mighty44

One Too Many
Still raining!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1554849092...can0sdqtpg&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

This hat was up for sale earlier today and was sold, or something, because I was upset when discovering I had just barely missed it by seconds or a few minutes.
Then Checking back only a moment ago it was back up for sale—so I jumped all over it!
Nuther 7XCB for my collection! Has a divot or two but I know a guy….

Ya know what I’ve learned a long while back?
If you continue searching eBay you will continue to buy hats; no matter how much you’d like to stop buying hats. :cool:

This goes out to any new guys who likes hats and has fortunately, but unfortunately, found this forum…and this thread.
Your fortune will take a hit.
Funny but true. Congrats, Randy!

I posted this and then realized it was another one of those auctions where you think you win on the lot page, but then it goes on to the live bidding -- which is only obvious on the catalog page. I deleted it thinking I may have actually lost. Now the lot page says "Won" so I'll post it agein. If it turns out to be not true then I'll add "Not mine...".

Post-1915 anyway:

1680476870548.png

^^^^^ How common are bowlers with a wind trolley? Only required in winds over 50-MPH?

1680476772899.png

1680476806698.png

Excellent...

1680476899686.png

Yamahana

Practically Family
I posted this and then realized it was another one of those auctions where you think you win on the lot page, but then it goes on to the live bidding -- which is only obvious on the catalog page. I deleted it thinking I may have actually lost. Now the lot page says "Won" so I'll post it agein. If it turns out to be not true then I'll add "Not mine...".

Post-1915 anyway:

View attachment 504028

^^^^^ How common are bowlers with a wind trolley? Only required in winds over 50-MPH?

View attachment 504026

View attachment 504027

Excellent...

View attachment 504029
Hopefully they ship this one to the right address this time.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
That is a great one to have in your collection, Bob.

Post-1915 anyway:

View attachment 504028

View attachment 504026

View attachment 504027

Excellent...

View attachment 504029

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ