Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
DOUGLAS said:
DSCN0244.jpg
That's a nice one. I do like those Borsalinos. Is it new or vintage? Brim size?

DOUGLAS

Thanks gents. The ribbon is 1". I prefer this size of ribbon. The hat is Nutria. I am not certain of its age but it is made well. It has a 2-1/2" brim.
DSCN0248.jpg

DSCN0252.jpg

DSCN0250.jpg

DSCN0254.jpg

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Lefty said:
very, very nice. :eusa_clap
I'll kill it some more.:arated: Beautifully finished and proportioned Borsalino. Must be another color from the metals on the periodic table Ruthenio o Palladio? Too light for Uranio. Nicely balanced shades in the Ensemble too.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
It's nice and hot here, so we went out for a picnic with our recent tag sale finds: an LL Bean Boat Tote (the heaviest canvas product I've ever handled), and a US made Stanley thermos. Panamas for both of us, my wife with a new scarf on hers.

DSC_0096.jpg

Then, we checked out the covered bridge,

DSC_0161.jpg

DSC_0162.jpg

DSC_0140.jpg

and took a hike around Horseshoe Lake.

DSC_0151.jpg

DSC_0196.jpg

danofarlington

DOUGLAS said:
Thanks gents. The ribbon is 1". I prefer this size of ribbon. The hat is Nutria. I am not certain of its age but it is made well. It has a 2-1/2" brim.
I like that size ribbon also. It's one of the reasons I like the Borsalino look. A thinner ribbon looks more modern to me, and is more wearable out there if you're not going for the "vintage hat" look. Does the nutria felt seem the same as other felt? I'm not sure I would be able to tell the difference between that and the standard rabbit fur felt.

danofarlington

Lefty said:
It's nice and hot here, so we went out for a picnic with our recent tag sale finds: an LL Bean Boat Tote (the heaviest canvas product I've ever handled), and a US made Stanley thermos. Panamas for both of us, my wife with a new scarf on hers.
Both very nice and photogenic. Nice pictures. On your Panama--is it a fine Panama or straw; what's the make? I like the brim size on yours, actually on both. Ladies seem to look good in a lot of hats including that one, and the wide brim is very flattering.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
DOUGLAS said:
Man, that is a gorgeous hat! Is the felt similar to the Weekender?

Douglas -- both the Shore Club and my Week-Ender are "Zephyr-weight." I would have to say that the Shore Club is actually a bit lighter than the Week-Ender. In terms of the felt, it is very, very similar to a vintage Borsalino Alessandria. My Week-Ender is just a tad heavier, though still lightweight.

I believe you have a Week-Ender with the diamond perforations, but mine does not have those. So, it makes me wonder whether your Week-Ender may be closer to the Shore Club in terms of the felt.

Cheers,
JtL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW