Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

Bartender

One Too Many
Early in the morning¡¡¡

2498613420106357411S600x600Q85.jpg

Yesterday in the mornig, going to school with Deyis my sweet granddaughter
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
danofarlington said:
Does the nutria felt seem the same as other felt? I'm not sure I would be able to tell the difference between that and the standard rabbit fur felt.

It feels just like felt to me perhaps a tad stiffer than the typically well made fur blend.

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
jimmy the lid said:
Douglas -- both the Shore Club and my Week-Ender are "Zephyr-weight." I would have to say that the Shore Club is actually a bit lighter than the Week-Ender. In terms of the felt, it is very, very similar to a vintage Borsalino Alessandria. My Week-Ender is just a tad heavier, though still lightweight.

I believe you have a Week-Ender with the diamond perforations, but mine does not have those. So, it makes me wonder whether your Week-Ender may be closer to the Shore Club in terms of the felt.

Cheers,
JtL

Thanks for the info JtL. Visually, they both seem to have similar proportions to my eye. That stitching at the brim is close to a Nokabout I have.
DSCN4859.jpg

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
buler said:
I love that color. I was really admiring the Whiskey in Monteagle. Looks terrific!

B

First off, thanks Gents! Much appreciated.

CV -- thanks for your clarification. For a second there, I thought you wouldn't wear it...:eek:

buler -- yup, it was seeing Art's Whiskey hat at Monteagle that really inspired me. I'm with you -- just love this color. ;)

Cheers,
JtL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW