Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dark blue Wegener Homburg

6438674099_417ddae6ca_b.jpg

Turkey Travels

We picked up Sophie from the airport, a fresh turkey from a local farm and drove down to NYC and out to eastern Long Island for Thanksgiving. My dad's dog Buck watched the turkey as we brought bags in from the car.

tday.jpg

We did the 2 household dance, Donna staying with her folks, me with my dad and the kids a bit in both places. My dad lives down the street from Great Peconic Bay. It's very quiet this time of year.

tday1.jpg

tday2.jpg

tday3.jpg

The weather was beautiful and we had the beach to ourselves.

tday4.jpg

tday5.jpg

tday6.jpg

tday7.jpg

Turkey Travels continued

Dad enjoys potting around with bonsai.

tday8.jpg

His house is a museum, when people come to see him... 8^)

tday9.jpg

What we did mainly was enjoy the kids being together. They enjoyed each other most of all.

tday10.jpg

Sophie got a kick out of the old photos on dad's refrigerator. I love these shots of the girls waiting for the bus on Lily's first day at school.

tday11.jpg

tday12.jpg

tday13.jpg

The turkey was great... but a highlight for me was breakfast the next day. Donna makes a hell of a challah for an Italian girl, and my dad's french toast is the bomb.

tday14.jpg

Last edited:

delectans

Call Me a Cab
What a beautiful and poignant set of photos. I feel privileged to have shared a little bit of your family's special time together.

rrwine

New in Town
alanfgag - That hat you're wearing on the beach is fantastic (as is the coat). I grew up on eastern Long Island. Still travel there often to see family and friends in Mattituck and Quogue. Fall is my favorite season out there.

Thank you very much for the kind words. My favorite is the refrigerator shot of the three girls at the bus stop... Sophie comforting her mom and that crazy look on Lily's face "...will you let me get to school already?!"

Rrwine, thank you for the note. That's an old Stetson no.1 Quality western that I got a couple of weeks ago. The coat is a Missoni that I bought in my clothes buying years (before kids). My parents vacationed in this area from the 1950s, bought a cottage on Peconic Bay in 1969 and retired to home a few blocks away. It's a lovely location just east of the Shinnecock Canal.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for sharing those, Alan. Beautiful shots, each and every one. What a perfect "windblown" photo of who I think must be your oldest daughter.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Hat to coordinate for Mtg. this morning.

Photo-on-2011-12-02-at-1045-2-S.jpg

Good day folks. An early morning meeting downtown prompted me to dress in a different costume. I found that my VS coordinated well with the outfit. Out we went before the sun rose. I got a bunch of positive comments.

Best wishes, Eric -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy