Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BR Gordon

One Too Many
Visiting friends for drinks and then a walk over to the Christmas tree lighting in Old Town, Albuquerque. I'm wearing my Stetson Open Road.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
White Panizza for Cappelleria Mutinelli, Milano.

70fe04b2.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
We went to visit our puppy again today. She's coming home around New Year's Eve.
DSC_0057-3.jpg

That's mom doing a little cleaning.
DSC_0031-4.jpg

Then we stopped at a great antique sale in a barn.

creepy fake one
DSC_0166-1.jpg

creepy real ones
DSC_0175-1.jpg

Even though it needs work (the back leg is broken off and rotting), this bench is really calling my name. I may go back for it.
DSC_0181-2.jpg

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Aureliano, a.k.a. "The Slant", must grin a lot these days.

I bet - those royalty cheques get expensive after a while though!

So guys, might be because of my humble Argentinean Italian origins that I miss on jokes a lot, but the more I try to understand what you mean the less I can! lol lol care to explain lol? Why am I grinning a lot these days? what's with the cheques? this one is flying right above my head:plane: and I'm feeling like a moron lol

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Royalty cheques for stealing your tilted hat image ideas, Ale :D:D Since you started posting them, several others have joined the fun.

Hey, I thought you were from Ecuador?

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Oh I get it! You did it too, David! please paypal the fee as I soon as I determine it. Big bucks. Big, big bucks! lol lol

I was born in Argentina, my dad was from there. My mom was Ecuadorian. They moved to Quito when I was still a baby and I lived in both places throughout childhood. Most of my teens, till I came to the USA, were lived in Ecuador. Before, then, I should have said "my humble south American- Italian origins" :D

Enjoyed a quiet day and evening with some open time to play with recently acquired hats. Here's an old Stetson fedora with The Fray sweatband that has traveled from Dinerman to DJH to me. Very similar felt to The Motor, with a narrower brim and lower crown.

120311.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
There's another example of a hat with dimensions that do not suggest an era; it's truly timeless.

The cabinetmaker who was having the barn sale believes the the bench may have been for a watchmaker or some similar such profession. I'm just a huge fan of the general aesthetic and the swing out stools. That's what I'm on, and there's one on each side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points